Manager Tax ProvisionSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0038953 Subsidiary eBay
We are a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team crafting the future of global commerce! Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive work environment, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of!
eBay Inc. (NASDAQ: EBAY) is a global commerce leader. Collectively, we connect millions of buyers and sellers around the world, empowering people and creating opportunity through Connected Commerce. Founded in 1995 in San Jose, Calif., eBay is one of the world’s largest and most vibrant marketplaces for discovering great value and unique selection.
eBay Tax is looking for an experienced tax professional to join our global tax operations team as a Manager focused on the consolidated tax provision.
As the Manager, you will have a meaningful role within the tax department. You will be part of a small team of professionals who are responsible for managing our consolidated income tax provision. You will collaborate closely with other members of the tax team, the treasury and accounting teams, and external service providers. The Manager reports into the Senior Manager of Tax Provision.
You will be a critical member of a world-class tax operations team, collaborating closely with our internal and external tax technology experts to drive operational improvements in how we deliver tax services to our customers.
What You'll Do
- Work collaboratively with other members of the tax team;
- Ensure compliance with accounting policies and procedures, including providing technical guidance to domestic and non-US tax groups on US GAAP tax accounting issues;
- Manage portions of the quarterly and annual tax provision process;
- Oversee inventory of uncertain tax positions, including utilizing OneSource Uncertain Tax Positions module;
- Oversee the tax account analysis in ONESOURCE Tax Provision Payable module and the related analysis of tax balance sheet accounts;
- Work with internal and external stake holders to maintain SOX documentation and support;
- Ensure internal control processes over the tax function are properly performed and documented;
- Prepare tax provisions for various separate entity financial statements;
- Assist in the analysis and computation of the Annual Effective Tax Rate.
- Partner with various groups within the tax department, finance, corporate accounting, and treasury to gather data needed to support the tax provision calculations;
- Drive tax process improvement and optimization;
What You'll Need
Candidates for this position should have BA/BS in Accounting or Finance. A CPA is highly desirable as is a Master’s in Taxation. A minimum of8 yearsof professional experience in ASC740 income tax accounting for publicly held multinational companies is required, public accounting experience is a plus. A strong educational and technical tax background in consolidated U.S. GAAP tax accounting is desired. In addition, this individual should possess the following skills:
- strong analytical skills, and experience applying these skills to resolve operational tax issues;
- experience with tax preparation software, preferably ONESOURCE Tax Provision and Uncertain Tax Positions;
- experience with Alteryx and SharePoint is a plus;
- attention to detail through academic and/or managed audit experience;
- strong written and verbal communications skills;
- ability to deliver top flight work in a fast growth environment;
- desire to learn new skills; and
- ability to work as a part of a larger group.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: