Senior Product Manager, RiskSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0027739
This Product Manager role will have the ownership of Seller registration product, which is one of the many strategic products from the Risk portfolio that come under the umbrella of Risk and Payments and have marketplace-wide impact. Scope of these products includes (but not limited to) Risk Management, Fraud Prevention, Advanced Risk Detection, Risk Modelling, Holds and Recoup. Through-out their lifecycle, these products boast of close and multiple touchpoints with rest of Risk and Payments domain that also includes Identity, Selling and compliance, which will enable this Product Manager to leverage and build upon his/her Risk knowledgebase holistically.
Primary Job Responsibilities / Requirements
Domain Expert, Seller onboarding
- Help define the product vision and strategy for Risk domain while managing Seller Onboarding and describe how the product will serve the needs of eBay’s genuine Sellers as against the ones disguising the original ownership of items thereby threatening eBay’s reputation as a secure marketplace to do business.
- Represent Risk as a product domain to peers, cross-functional product managers, and executives across GPRB. Interface across eBay as one of the experts on Risk and Fraud, its platforms and related products.
- Be the product champion who provides end to end view of customer experiences on Risk products and architecture to help communicate the value thereof to multiple audiences including product/business community & executives.
- Manage Buyer/Seller Risk and Fraud metrics, coordinating across various product lines working with fellow product managers and the analytics team to help build dashboards that measure product performance and help with RFIs and Audits.
Product Design and Definition
- Capture Seller Onboarding requirements and build them into user stories while working with Identity, Selling, Payments and compliance. To additionally help conduct evaluation of vendor capabilities and ability of their solutions to manage risk with regulatory compliance guidance with an aim to prevent, detect and correct potential violations that could damage the reputation, impact earnings or public opinion of eBay, StubHub, and Half.com within the US.
- Contribute to technical design and architecture by challenging engineering to find innovative and optimal solutions. Champion product quality and recognize repeated failure points, driving preventative solutions.
- Help design a Risk Based scoring and alerting system with scoring thresholds to categorize customers combined by all client defined risk attributes that are available in real-time. Augment the scoring efficiency by building levers into available CIP, KYC and Verification data.
- Be deeply involved in the design and development process working efficiently with UX, engineering and QA teams to make sure that the technical and functional requirements are met as per the objectives defined by the business needs.
- Discover and address customer problems/feature gaps by maintaining a backlog with information around dependencies on various Risk and Trust domains. Prioritize the backlog by actively soliciting and curating ideas from partners and stakeholders.
- Create conclusive/bankable hypotheses and design experiments. Skilled in cross-domain modeling, problem solving, analysis and reporting. Apply SWOT analysis to product features.
Leadership, Customer Focus and Business Impact
- Lead Seller Onboarding product strategy and help with overall program execution for Risk by influencing and ensuring strategy buy-in across business and product. Be sought after for opinions outside product domain. Challenge executive feedback with compelling arguments. Drive adoption of best practices across the domain.
- While building product strategy, identify trade-off decision points between specific regions or customer segments while representing them passionately in trade-off decisions.
- Market product through releases in-line with the Risk roadmap, showcase launches with bankable data while working closely with business and analytics counterparts.
- Make difficult product decisions with resolve. Make trade-off decisions that are trusted by the cross-functional Risk and Trust product and business teams. Encourage others to take personal accountability for product quality.
Planning & Project Management
Help lead planning for Seller Onboarding and manage multiple Risk projects simultaneously while setting clear internal and external expectations with an efficient management of critical timelines. Also identify risks and mitigation plans with development and quality engineering leads together with a plan for roll-back and business contingencies.
Communication & Global Partnership
- Write clearly and effectively for partners, stakeholders and executives. Be appropriately succinct, providing the amount of detail necessary.
- Communicate easily from business, technical and customer perspectives. Present effectively to senior audiences, adjusting to audience reactions and feedback.
- Collaborate with global product teams. Resolve cross-organizational conflict without escalation. Leverage expertise in product triad roles to develop new ways of working. Collaborate effectively with all partners.
- Build positive relationship and trust with all product partners and stakeholders through continuous engagement, on-time delivery, high quality, continuous innovation, and effective communication.
- 3+ years of Product Management experience with 1+ as a Lead
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Team player attitude, partnering, and collaboration skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Master’s Degree (MBA preferred)
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: