Senior Product Manager - TechnicalSan Jose, California
Bellevue, Washington Requisition Number R0039725
eBay is a global commerce leader that allows you to influence how the world buys, sells, and gives. You’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding twenty five years ago. Here, you can be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact on people across the globe. We seek people with drive, ideas, and a passion for helping small businesses succeed to help shape the future of eBay—does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to talk to you!
We are looking for an outstanding Senior Product Manager to join our Retail Standards organization. Our team builds scalable software systems using machine learning to:
- Enable reliable, efficient messaging and email communication between eBay buyers and sellers
- Detect and prevent frauds and scams to build a trusted marketplace
- Block messages that could lead to fraud in real-time
- Help sellers to build their businesses on eBay through effective buyer communication
- Collaborate with data scientists and engineers charged with improving eBay's member-to-member communications and trust science
- Work with the larger cross-functional team to define the team’s product strategy, business strategy, operation plan and detailed roadmap
- Communicate team status and priorities to executives, partner teams, and the product team
- Initiate the process of proposing, leading and presenting strategic analytical studies to deepen the understanding of trusted member communication
- Drive a culture of quality, customer-centricity, scalability, and reliability
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- At least five years of industry experience in product management or a related role
- Experience in Agile/Scrum methodologies and working in Agile teams is desirable
- Proficiency in basic data analysis using tool such as Excel, SQL, Tableau
- Think and work independently, demonstrate creativity and deliver quick results
- Comfort sorting through ambiguity in order to drive to practical business impact
- Experience with data science and machine learning is desirable
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: