Senior Software Engineer - Full Stack
San Jose, California
eBay is a global commerce leader that allows you to shape how the world buys, sells, and gives. You’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago. Here, you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact on people across the globe. We are looking for people with drive, ideas, and a passion for helping small businesses succeed to help shape the future of eBay—does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to talk to you!
Are you looking for a company that looks at APIs differently – as outstanding products that enable the business to build partnerships and generate new revenue, where you can be part of the team crafting the future of global commerce? Join the journey to modernize eBay’s API stack to support the fast-evolving global eCommerce space.
About the Team:
eBay’s Developer Program team offers resources that help developers build solutions to make buying and selling on eBay faster and easier. The team builds and manages eBay’s Public APIs and eBay’s world-class Developer Portal, which helps onboard new developers, gets them started with eBay APIs, and answers their questions about our products.
APIs are outstanding products at eBay. APIs allow our developer community to build powerful experiences and manage their eBay business at scale. Our goal is a large ecosystem of developer applications that add value to our buyers and sellers.
We are looking for a Full Stack Senior Software Engineer to join the team. You will be a core part of the engineering team in the eBay Developer Program.
- Design, implement, test, deploy and support software solutions by studying information needs and following standards
- Participate in design discussions, code reviews, and project-related team meetings
- Work with other engineers, architects, product managers, and domain teams to develop innovative solutions
- Strong quality and security focus including automation, code/design reviews, and testing
- Accomplish engineering and organization mission by applying technical and domain expertise
- Work well independently and in multi-group cross-discipline environments
- Identify project risks and work effectively to mitigate them
- Master or bachelor’s degree in Computer Science with 5+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Experience in developing high performance, scalable and available RESTful web services
- Experience in web application (UI) development technologies: NodeJs, CSS, HTML5
- Experience with data modeling in Oracle or similar enterprise RDBMS
- A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design.
- Proficient in agile development methodologies
- Superb communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills
- Experience in Machine Learning, Information Retrieval, Recommendation Systems, as well as BigData (Hadoop / Spark / Hive) is a plus
- Experience working on Unix and/or Linux platforms
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams and management to collect requirements, identify tasks, provide estimates and meet production deadlines
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
At eBay Buyer Experience team, the drive for a faster and sleeker pages constantly inspires me. The fact that my work touches millions of users everyday in one way or the other and to learn what affects a person’s decision to make that purchase brings a sense of fulfillment.–Dileep, Staff Software Engineer
Everyday, I get a chance to work with smart and dedicated people to build the best shopping experience for our customers. Because so many people use eBay, I am proud that my work is impacting people in a positive way.–Steve, Full Stack Software Engineer
Everyday I work with people passionate to deliver great experiences for millions of buyers and sellers. It brings me great joy knowing that the features I work on greatly impact the lives of people from around the world, from all walks of life.–Andrew, Software Engineer
We do things different, the hack way, the happy way. And we celebrate the best way. We are the pirates of eBay!–Shakul, Software Development Manager
eBay gives me the freedom to challenge the status quo. This creates a unique adrenaline rush that pushes all boundaries and paradigms and helps bring out new ideas that ultimately redefine e-commerce shopping experience. If you love such challenges, you'll love work at eBay.–Sriharsha, Software Engineer
What makes a successful Software Developer at eBay? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Medical, Dental,Vision, Healthcare FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Health and Wellness Programs
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, Employee Stock Purchase Program
Tuition Reimbursement, Professional Development
Paid Time Off
16+ Days of Paid Time Off, Paid Maternity leave, Paid Paternity Leave, 11 Paid Holidays
Onsite Gym/Fitness Center
Sabbatical, 4 paid weeks every 5 years