Software EngineerSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0014870 Subsidiary eBay
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
Have you ever wanted to work on a platform that creates / edits more than 50 million e-commerce listings per day? It’s what we do for a living! Without us, there’d be nothing for sale on eBay and we need your help to make it even better!
This role will have you contributing at the very core of eBay’s selling platform, to deliver an engaging selling experience for more than 25 million sellers across 22 nations, who collectively generate billions of dollars in revenue quarterly. Performance, reliability, scalability and accuracy are of utmost importance as this area of work is at the absolute top of the funnel for all of eBay’s massive e-commerce ecosystem.
Our team is seeking talented, creative and passionate backend engineers with various levels of skills and experiences to architect, design and develop innovative, highly performant, available software in the form of web services and applications across various device form factors that help business sellers worldwide to onboard, manage and grow their business on the largest global marketplace.
Intellect, curiosity, commitment, pride, respect, teamwork and good communication skill are what we’re looking for. We expect someone with solid computer science fundamentals, a strong drive for results, thrives on continuous innovation, dreams big, self-starts, learns fast, gets things done while having fun.
1. Responsible for a functional domain to design cross data center distributed, fault tolerant, highly available and performant web services and web applications by leveraging software architecture design, OOA/D skills in addition to exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
2. Own major projects and features from design phase to coding, testing, deployment and support
3. Estimate engineering effort; plan implementation, and rollout system changes. Identify project technical risks and make recommendations to mitigate.
1. 3+ years of experience developing highly scalable distributed platforms and services and internet scale web applications. hands-on experiences in Java/J2EE, SOAP, SOA Services, Design Patterns, OOA/D, Data Structures, XML, REST, JSON, and Internet Protocols (we don’t just mean HTTP).
2. Proficiency in a programming language such as Java and / or Scala, strong foundation in data structures, algorithms and a strong understanding of multithreading, synchronization, concurrent programming
Must have a solid knowledge and experiences of relational database (oracle) and / or noSQL data technologies (Mongo, Cassandra, Couchbase) and related toolset.
3. Strong collaboration skills and ability to influence a cross-functional and cross geography team to deliver results. Excellent time management skills and ability to work on concurrent assignments with different priorities
Prior ecommerce experience is a plus.
BSCS, BSEE, MSEE or MSCS or similar technical degree
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or long term unemployment circumstances. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.