Software Engineer 3, QualitySan Jose, California Requisition Number R0013580 Subsidiary eBay
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
Are you an exceptional Java Developer with an interest in quality? Have you done Services/API testing? Would you like to be the first to get your hands on the latest technology? Do you enjoy pushing technology to be limits to learn where and how it breaks? Can you bring the ideas, energy, and dedication needed to improve the quality of search on eBay? If that is who you are and capable of, then we gladly welcome you to join our Search Backend Quality team! The world-class search engine at the heart of eBay serves billions of queries every day. Therefore, we are looking for Quality Engineers who could come and help assure quality of products implemented by our Search Backend team.
- Design and execute QE initiative of eBay’s Search Back-End Platform. As part of the Search Backend - Services team, this individual will be responsible for the oversight and test implementation and execution functional as well as integration testing.
- Be able to articulate, evaluate and evangelize testing strategies and apply them in eBay's context as well as come up with metrics for realistic testing effort estimation.
- Work with Product Development, Product Management, Quality Engineering, Load & Performance, and Operations teams to develop innovative testing solutions that meet market needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, realistic implementation schedules, and adherence to testing goals and principles.
- Estimate testing effort, prioritize projects, plan implementations, and help rollout system changes.
- Identify process, technology challenges and deficiencies that need to be addressed and participate in driving those changes to successful adoption.
- Proactively identify and resolve resource conflicts and set priorities for parallel projects.
- Identify project risks and be able to provide alternatives for reducing risk.
- Be responsible for helping to install and maintain Search environments for feature testing as well as regression testing to support the Search Backend QE team and many other Search front-end users.
- BSCS with 2 years of experience or MSCS
- Background in software development and testing is required.
- Proficient in Java and any of the scripting languages (Perl/Python/shell scripting).
- Must be experienced in RESTful/SOA Services/API testing – TestNG
is a Subsidiary of eBay.
View accessibility info here
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or long term unemployment circumstances. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.