Software Engineer, Full StackSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0013594 Subsidiary eBay
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
The eBay Localization team is looking for an experienced, innovating and passionate developer, who will join the core localization framework team to design, implement, expand and own the Next Generation eBay enterprise Localization platform. The eBay Localization team will rely on this platform to provide tailored, high-quality localization services in a timely and cost-efficient way to all of the global eBay Marketplace sites and adjacencies.
In this role, you will work on implementation, coding, testing, deployment, ongoing expansion and maintenance of the framework, and support designing components and sub-systems. This will include assessing standards and technologies through experimentation/prototyping, for integration in the framework.
The team will work closely with the Product Manager, and our internal users (including Project Managers, Engineers and Translators) to establish and prioritize the product definition requirements. The development will happen in an agile and iterative mode, so scoping and planning will be an ongoing part of the job.
Creating and maintaining relevant application design/implementation documentation, providing technical support and guidance to the end users within the localization team and partner teams will be part of the responsibilities as well.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field
- 6+ years of relevant full lifecycle development experience, including in small teams
- Hands-on experience in designing and building web applications and ReST web services, incorporating various technologies and frameworks
- Prior experience with building automation and BPM solutions, and multi-threaded and/or distributed solutions
- Highly skilled in Java (1.8), and well versed in Spring, Spring Batch, Hibernate, MVC, JQuery, JSON, Ajax, etc.
- Experience with data modeling, RMDBS/SQL (Oracle), object oriented methodologies, and user interface development (knowledge of AngularJS and Bootstrap, NodeJS, or similar a definite advantage)
- Familiar with agile development
- Prior exposure to localization environment a definite advantage, desire to gain an in-depth understanding of eBay’s localization process a must
- Knowledge of and prior experience working on CMS interfaces, content processing or localization integration projects highly desirable
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Flexible and able to deal with ambiguity
- Self-starter, fast learner, able to assess and absorb new technologies quickly and successfully
View our accessibility infoR0013594
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or long term unemployment circumstances. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.