Sr. Lead Application Security engineerSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0013346 Subsidiary eBay
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
This position is a senior individual contributor role in our Application Security team. The team delivers application security frameworks and general framework guidance for eBay. We are developing security software for eBay’s Cloud, and providing the next generation of real time Application security software to protect the eBay site from attacks. The position requires good understanding of architecture, design and coding in multiple application security platforms and framework functions. Successful candidates will be familiar with delivering application security solutions on platforms transitioning to host-based security with Layer 7 encryptions from firewall based protections.
- Strong understanding of application security patterns including web application security (CSRF, platform hardening), and mobile security (device fingerprinting, Mobile authentication and key exchange) strategies.
- Strong knowledge of industry trends in security technology
- Expertise in developing and implementing one or more of the following: Identity and Access Management, SSO, SAML, Open ID, OAuth2 or 2FA technologies.
- 7 + years of large scale, full life cycle development experience (if Masters in Engineering) or 9 + years (if Bachelors in Engineering), preferably 3+ years as a lead engineer.
- 3 + years in Java programming implementing large scale, high availability, fault-tolerant web infrastructure, with clear concept of concurrency in Java, Java security APIs, features and performance
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to thrive in a high-pressured environment and crisis situations.
- Ability to multi-task multiple projects at once and drive for results independently.
View accessibility info hereR0013346
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or long term unemployment circumstances. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.