Sr. Manager, Corporate FP&ASan Jose, California Requisition Number R0038390
eBay is a global commerce leader that shapes how the world buys, sells, and gives. You’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago. Here, you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact on people across the world. We are looking for talented team members with drive, ideas, and a passion for helping small businesses succeed to help shape the future of eBay. Does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to talk to you.
About the Team and Role:
The Corporate FP&A organization is seeking a senior leader to provide financial and strategic insights to drive decision making for below-the-line activity in close partnership with the Treasury and Tax teams. This is an opportunity to join a dynamic organization in an impactful role which includes frequent interaction with the Finance Leadership Team. The successful candidate will find him/herself surrounded by sharp professionals with diverse backgrounds, operating in a fast-paced, intellectual, and team-oriented environment. This highly visible role reports to the Sr. Director, Corporate FP&A.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Work collaboratively with the Treasury, Tax, and HR Comp teams as the Corporate FP&A lead and provide thought leadership and clarity to management on financial architecture, tax rate implications, and incentive compensation programs.
- Support development of company incentive and equity compensation programs including target modeling, preparation of Executive and Board/Compensation Committee presentations, progress monitoring, and monthly/quarterly financial close activities.
- Responsible for models utilized to propose and establish external GAAP EPS guidance and analysis of key drivers impacting YoY and QoQ GAAP EPS results.
- Build and maintain infrastructure to project company balance sheet, forecast and calculate Non-GAAP free cash flow, and analyze working capital drivers to improve cash flow.
- Partner with Treasury to model the financial impact of Capital Market activity such as foreign exchange and hedging programs, share repurchase, debt issuance and interest rate swaps.
- Maintain models to perform scenario analysis for share count impact of stock-based compensation programs and share repurchases for input into monthly, annual, and long-term financial plans.
- Develop a thorough understanding of drivers of Non-GAAP and GAAP effective tax rate, discrete tax adjustments, and the ability to model the tax rate impact of business performance scenarios.
- Design and execute process for collection of below-the-line inputs including interest income/expense, foreign exchange, tax rate, share count, and compensation programs for the monthly and annual planning cycles and ad-hoc analysis for Executive leadership.
- Demonstrate deep functional based analysis of below-the-line activity, with ability to execute under acute time constraints, and persuasively present insights and recommendations in Executive and Board level presentations.
- Lead and mentor a talented team, including on-going rotations from Finance Development programs, and develop employee capabilities.
A successful candidate will possess sound strategic perspective, business judgment, analytical capabilities, and a collaborative working style. The ability to manage people through clear communication of goals and objectives and through cross-functional relationships is extremely important. Additional success factors include demonstrating strong intellectual curiosity, a passion for achieving practical business impact, exceptional interpersonal skills, and integrity.
Candidates for this position will have 10+ years of progressive financial planning & analysis and management experience. Extensive experience at a large growth company a plus. Exposure to consumer internet or e-commerce business models is preferred. Candidates should also possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, or Accounting. Master’s degree preferred.
- Strong analytical skills with proven proficiency in financial modelling and experience manipulating large data sets, interpreting data trends, and extracting business insights.
- Demonstrated experience in utilizing knowledge of accounting and forecasting concepts in developing financial projections with full sets of financial statements.
- The ability to listen actively and ask relevant, incisive questions as well as confident, independent thinking that communicates an analytic point-of-view to finance and business partners.
- Polished communications skills including an ability to understand complex matters and analyses, articulate issues in a clear and concise manner, and present findings as well as recommendations in both oral and written presentations to all levels of the organization.
- Experience influencing, training, mentoring and leveraging the skills of yourself and others to achieve objectives in a cross-functional and matrix organizational environment.
- Solid experience with relevant analytic and reporting tools (Tableau, MicroStrategy, SQL, Hadoop, etc.) and ERP systems (SAP, Oracle, etc.).
- Comfort with initiating and responding to change. Demonstrated ability to design and implement processes in support of business initiatives and experience leading operational and process change with a drive towards a world-class finance organization.
- Customer focused mindset with the energy and desire to effectively collaborate and influence across a global organization; including working with all levels and with remote team members.
- Appreciation of eBay’s cultural values and behaviors as well as familiarity with eBay through experience buying and selling on the platform.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: