Sr Manager, Tax Compliance & ControversySan Jose, California Requisition Number R0013515 Subsidiary eBay
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
The Senior Manager will be involved in day-to-day projects within the Tax Compliance team and will have the opportunity to work extensively with other functional groups, including the entire corporate tax department, shared service accounting, human resources, legal and IT organizations.
Duties for the Senior Manager will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Initial review of state income tax returns, estimates and provisions;
- Assist with review of income tax apportionment and state adjustment schedules;
- Assist with preparation of tax account forecasts and monthly accruals; assist with preparing and reviewing Responses to notices regarding state and local tax issues;
- Provide assistance with technical research on various state and local tax issues;
- Develop, plan, and execute tax refund claims;
- Developing detailed baseline project plans;
- Interact with fixed asset system for obtaining information for tax provisions and tax returns; assist with the Review of property tax returns and estimates;
- Assist with the preparation and review of sales and use tax returns and estimates;
- Assist with the managing of state audits while maintaining proper audit documentation;
- Prepare and review various tax accounting reconciliations; and
- Communicate status, issues and risks to stakeholders for tax projects
Candidates for this position should have BA/BS in Accounting or Finance. A CPA is highly desirable as is a Master’s in Taxation. A minimum of 10 years of state income tax compliance experience is required, with additional experience in other state disciplines desired. In addition, this individual should possess the following skills:
- analytical and problem solving skills, and experience applying these skills to resolve operational tax issues;
- experience with tax preparation software, CorpTax preferred;
- knowledge of project management software tools and management techniques;
- attention to detail through academic and/or managed audit experience;
- strong written and verbal communications skills;
- ability to deliver top flight work in a fast growth environment;
- ability and desire to learn new skills; and
- ability to work as a part of a larger group.
Candidates must have the ability to work effectively in a team environment; however it is also essential that they function well with independent responsibilities. Candidates must be efficient and well organized. They should also have the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and interact successfully with the entire tax organization to effectively deliver quality tax services.
is a Subsidiary of eBay.
View accessibility info here
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or long term unemployment circumstances. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.