Head of Marketing, Gumtree AustraliaSydney, Australia Requisition Number R0024878
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
Gumtree is Australia's local marketplace, connecting buyers and sellers in the local community to buy, sell and find almost anything across hundreds of categories – including: Home & Garden, Cars, Jobs and more. There are more than 3 million listings across hundreds of categories and 85,000 new ads are listed each day. We have a vibrant office in the Sydney CBD and have a strong collaborative culture.
The Head of Marketing is responsible for leading a high-performance marketing team, running the consumer-facing and B2B marketing of Australia’s largest local marketplace. In this function, the Head of Marketing is part of the management team of Gumtree Australia and reports directly to the General Manager. The role will be located in Sydney.
The role is responsible for developing our marketing strategy including brand positioning and campaign strategy. The role leads all marketing teams (Brand, PR & Comms, Digital and Trade) and manages the marketing budget. You will play a key role on the Gumtree Australia leadership team and will need to develop strong partnerships with key stakeholders across eBay Classifieds Group.
The Head of Marketing should drive a holistic marketing strategy (consumer-facing and B2B) across all channels focusing on both the core categories (e.g. goods) and vertical categories (e.g. cars & vehicles) in a way that integrates all communication touchpoints and marketing channels. Inspiring and enabling the teams with a compelling value proposition for Gumtree Australia users and customers is a key focus.
- Boosting Gumtree’s consumer brand metrics as well as driving growth in active users
- Establishing Gumtree as a respected, thought-leading brand in the automotive space by elevating our reputation and consideration among car dealers and other automotive players and enabling the success of our Verticals and Advertising teams.
- Leading a team of around 8 that are responsible for various channels including TV, radio, OOH, Mobile, SEM, digital, CRM, Social Media, and PR.
- Representing marketing as part of the management team contributing to the overall strategy of the company.
- Development of Marketing Strategy together with the team (consumer-facing and B2B) and integrated campaigns across all channels, including identification of target audiences and crafting of messaging frameworks together with the team.
- Creating and leading a marketing budget plan for the year while ensuring the most efficient channel mix, aligning marketing programs with business strategy.
- Coaching and development of a high performing team. Responsible for hiring of new team members; constantly raising the talent bar.
- Motivating and energizing the team by defining best-in-class marketing and channel experience.
- Building and maintaining strong partnerships with eBay Classifieds Group, Product, Tech, Analytics, Customers, Agencies and other key partners and stakeholders.
- Extensive leadership and management experience with a minimum of 10+ years of experience in marketing, to include 7+ years Management experience.
- Willing & effective player/coach and a track record of building, leading, and running high performing teams a requirement.
- E-commerce or Marketplace experience essential. Automotive industry experience and knowledge a plus.
- Experience in B2B (trade) marketing, supporting growth of the commercial business.
- Exceptional business and strategic acumen.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills; Building networks of people across a global and matrixed organization.
- Ability to lead a team that owns and drives a huge amount of marketing campaigns every year.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; you are able to think creatively, communicate strategically and efficiently, both internally and externally.
- International business experience preferred.
- BA degree required, advanced degree a plus.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: