Advertising Operations SpecialistToronto, Canada Requisition Number R0034531
Kijiji is the #1 online classifieds site in Canada. As one of Canada’s top 10 most-visited digital properties, we reach more than half of Canadian internet users monthly. We’re a leader in helping Canadians find and trade goods and services in their local communities, including Autos, Real Estate and Jobs. We’re proud of our engaged, entrepreneurial and collaborative culture, and we were recently named one of the top Toronto Tech Employer Brands.2 Our stylish office is located in the historic King and Spadina neighbourhood in Toronto’s hub of innovation.
About the team:
Classifieds is shaping the future of local commerce by bringing people together through an enriched online experience that allows them to work closely with the community around them. We are comprised of more than 1,000 people who are passionate for local trade and maintaining the customer-centric nature of the Group, while exploring growth opportunities in both the countries where eBay Classifieds Group already has a presence and in prospective markets.
We are looking for an experienced Ad Operations Specialist who has a passion to learn, thrive, and contribute to the dynamic and fast-pace environment of display advertising. This self-starter is committed to delivering successful campaigns, improving operational processes, and building exceptional client relationships.
- You have practical working experience and a deep understanding of how display advertising works, both for direct campaigns and private marketplace
- You have a strong attention to detail used to serve display and video campaigns including practical set-up, tracking implementation, audience reporting, and optimizing against varying goals such as revenue, audience targets, and Key Performance Indicators (KPI) as established with clients
- You take a practical approach to achieve goals in a timely manner: this includes identifying, recommending, and implementing delivery and optimization techniques to improve campaign performance based on varying goals
- You take initiatives to develop as the job requires and as the display advertising industry evolves. You adapt to media/market trends and provide insight into how product can be amended to help clients reach their goals
- You can handle multiple campaigns and programmatic deals across the Kijiji advertising group of sites while maintaining positive relationships with sales teams, clients, and development squads
- Ideally (but not essential) you have some exposure to demand-side platforms (ex. Display & Video 360), Google Analytics and/or Adobe Audience Manager
Reporting and Analysis
- Utilize analytic tools to monitor the effectiveness of our ad products and to provide appropriate reports to internal and external partners
- Identify improvement opportunities and interpret the outcome of campaign performance to validate success (ex. positive case studies)
- You understand optimization for performance and revenue – you know numerical significance, financial terminology and general budgeting knowledge
- Provide key analytical insights for the continual development of all Kijiji advertising products. This requires Excel knowledge with pivot tables, charts, VLOOKUP, and formula creation
Knowledge Requirements for this role
- You have at least 2 years of experience in display advertising operations including experience with technical implementation of private marketplaces
- You understand the CPM, CPC and CPA pricing models and can optimize for performance, viewability, conversions. You will also have a working knowledge of data targeting and segment creation
- You have experience using Excel and/or Tableau to organize and monitor campaign reports along market data and forecasted revenue and understand how they link to quarterly targets
- You have knowledge of ad serving technology and capabilities such as knowledge of Google Ad Manager and knowledge of 3rd party reporting tools – DV360, Eyereturn, Sizmek, etc
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel Kijiji is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: