Program ManagerToronto, Ontario Requisition Number R0021381 Subsidiary Kijiji
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
The eBay Classifieds Group (eCG) is an innovative global leader in online classifieds. Our sites help people find whatever they are looking for in their local communities. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less. We have eleven brands that span the globe offering online classifieds in more than 1,000 cities around the world.
Kijiji, part of the fast-growing eBay Classifieds Group at eBay, is the number 1 online Classifieds site in Canada. Reaching half of the monthly on-line population, we are one of Canada’s Top 10 digital properties and a leader in helping people find and trade goods and services, including Autos, Real Estate and Jobs. We have succeeded because we behave like a dynamic start-up, have end-to-end control of our business, and hire the best talent. We have a fun, unique, and engaging culture in our new, stylish office located in the historic King and Spadina neighborhood in Toronto’s hub of innovation.
Working with the Chief Technology Officer, you will develop and implement the program management-operating cadence to define and steer Kijiji’s technology and product initiatives. This is an exciting role, where you will be responsible for leading all program/projects and strategic investments designed to grow Kijiji’s product and advertising offering across the portfolio. Projects will involve multiple functions, various BUs and multiple geographies, so your ability to work collaboratively across teams will be of benefit.
Your Responsibilities & Accountabilities will Include:
- Lead overall agile program management for multiple high priority initiatives (i.e. millions of users)
- Prioritize and define scope to meet target initiative needs in a timely manner given available resources
- Create and execute against the roadmap, actively mitigating risks, and leading SDLC, PDLC and release train to encompass the entire product-related lifecycle
- Assume responsibility and drive ownership for issue resolution. Anticipate problems and complications, and formulate solutions so as not to impede the progress of the program.
- Communicate at the portfolio level to the global team at eCG
- YOU WILL HAVE PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE WITH:
- Establishing operating and reporting cadence and output for your program, including creation of program status materials, executive briefings, and ad-hoc program or project-specific updates.
- Partnering effectively with product managers, engineering managers and business analysts to define critical inputs and deliverables into your recurring program status, and manage these on an on-going basis
- Working multi-functionally to handle project constraints or bottlenecks, provide appropriate solutions, anticipate and make delivery trade-offs, balance the business requirements versus technical constraints, and maximize the business benefit from your product while building great customer experiences.
- Identify, track and manage project issues, risks and action items.
Your Success will be Measured on:
- Delivering programs and projects on time and on budget
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related discipline
- PMI certification or equivalent
- Experience implementing SAFe (or similar enterprise-scale agile program management methodology) and change management
- Strong experience in program management in a technical/internet/ecommerce organization
- Consistent track record of successfully launching multi-dependent technology products and services with geographically distributed teams
- Experience gained in a multinational online organization, preferably e-commerce related
- Ability to lead numerous projects at a time in a multinational matrixed organisation ensuring projects remain on schedule
- Highly organised and proficient at keeping partners informed
- Adept at communicating program goals and inspiring team members into action
- Be a talent multiplier, use resources to the best effect and value
- Fluent at task definition and delegate team members
- Comfortable communicating complex programs to every level in the organization
- Demonstrate deep understanding of a large internet/e-commerce business to include familiarity with UX design, product development and release processes for web & apps, A/B testing frameworks, regulatory considerations, etc
- Certified Scrum Master
- Certified Agile Product Manager
- The role may require short stay international travel
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
Not ready to apply yet? Email this job to yourself