Senior Product DesignerToronto, Canada Requisition Number R0034995
Kijiji is the #1 online classifieds site in Canada. As one of Canada’s top 10 most-visited digital properties, we reach more than half of Canadian internet users monthly. We’re a leader in helping Canadians find and trade goods and services in their local communities, including Autos, Real Estate and Jobs. We’re proud of our engaged, entrepreneurial and collaborative culture, and we were recently named one of the top Toronto Tech Employer Brands.2 Our stylish office is located in the historic King and Spadina neighbourhood in Toronto’s hub of innovation.
About the team:
Classifieds is shaping the future of local commerce by bringing people together through an enriched online experience that allows them to work closely with the community around them. We are comprised of more than 1,000 people who are passionate for local trade and maintaining the customer-centric nature of the Group, while exploring growth opportunities in both the countries where eBay Classifieds Group already has a presence and in prospective markets.
Are you a strong, hardworking, creative Product Designer who has a clear vision of the future and can drive simplicity when solving difficult user problems? We would love to hear from you!
The UX team is focused on delivering exciting, simple and elegant customer experiences. You will be empowered to encourage teams to go beyond what is possible and pursue forward-thinking design to build products that enrich people’s lives. You will also be responsible for developing ideas, communications, and interfaces. You'll make elegant, appealing, and useful things, that live across devices and that drive engagement and dedication to Kijiji. You'll need strong attention to detail of course, as well as an eagerness to solve difficult design problems.
Your Responsibilities will Include:
- Influence and helping shape Kijiji’s product and design vision that will help empower the lives of millions of Canadians
- Solving for product problems by owning all components of the experience (Design strategy, user flows, IA, interaction design and visual design).
- Seek to find that sweet spot between customer needs, business objectives and technical feasibility
- Collaborate and own all phases of the design process in your product team: research, conceptual design, prototypes, visual design and user testing
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to deliver an elite customer experiences
- Present design work to the user experience, product, and engineering team for review and critique
- Collaborate with fellow designers, PMs, and developers to ensure high quality implementation of your designs
- Strong collaboration and communication skills and the ability to clearly articulate your design concepts
- Strong analytical skills with a focus on customer-centred design
- Proven track record of shipping outstanding experiences, specifically on mobile but also seamlessly on desktop and tablet
- Comfortable working in a mobile first agile environment and an advocate of lean UX and Design Thinking principles
- Proven ability to develop simple, beautiful, modern user interfaces & visual designs
- Able to break down the user’s needs on a high level and turn these into something that will make them happy
- A great attention to detail
- Comfortable and confident with running user tests with customers.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of the technical implementation of your designs and user-flows
- Bachelor's degree preferred in any of the following: Human Factors, Cognitive or Experimental Psychology, Information Architecture, New Media Design, Product and Interface Design or related field
- Proven experience of crafting awesome, simple and functional customer experiences
- A strong portfolio demonstrating critical thinking and creativity (showing your thought process as much as your finished work)
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel Kijiji is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: