Director, Risk AnalyticsSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0030102 Subsidiary eBay
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re passionate about joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you'll be proud to be a part of.
Reporting to eBay's Senior Director of Analytics & Insights, this leader will be responsible for the eBay Risk Analytics function end-to-end. You will lead a team focused on partnering with our Risk Organization to understand and oversee Buyer and Seller risk globally for eBay Marketplaces. This includes leading innovation in fraud and seller non-performance risk detection and prevention. This role is responsible for driving insights over a multi-year risk management strategy in close collaboration with our Finance and Risk teams.
We are looking for someone who will is highly motivated, with demonstrated strong professional performance. You will display a real hunger for understanding customer behavior. This understanding will lead to insights in better handling account takeover, fraud, credit risk, and stolen financials. We require someone who thinks strategically, is highly analytical, drives structure and rigor into organizations, and works well in a dynamic environment. You are a seasoned professional who drives hard, can handle controversy, and makes decisions firmly and objectively.
What you’ll do
- Vision: You will collaborate with Risk leadership to refine and expand our overall risk management focus and supporting infrastructure using a data driven approach.
- Execution: You can help to identify what we should do, when, and what success looks like. Deliver on time, high quality solutions
- Thought Leadership: You understand the risk management landscape globally and partner with regional leads to understand their market and business needs to define a focused strategy and align priorities
- Build Relationships: You'll work closely with other functional areas to ensure we are bringing the latest data science tools to bear on our toughest problems
- Lead by example: You will be deeply invested in seeking the truth with data, set a high bar for the team to think boldly and creatively and then to funnel that energy into concrete processes and execution plans, move fast, be biased toward action
- Mentor: You'll effectively mentor young talent to new heights
What you’ll need
- Ability to succinctly communicate ideas, recommendations orally and in writing to a wide range of audiences, as well as extraordinary listening and presentation skills
- 10+ years of experience in providing deep insights motivated by data and analytics to a business function; Expertise in Risk analytics strongly preferred
- 5+ years experience in leading teams focused on analytics and data science
- Risk Management Capabilities: You understand marketplace dynamics. Can develop and execute a multi-year analytics strategy; which addresses risk at the transaction, account, and portfolio levels. Enabling you to deliver best-in-class loss rates using appropriate levers to regulate risk, while minimizing customer friction points.
- Manage the efficient frontier: Combine information from fraud patterns, data analytics, and business knowledge to identify insights which balance Risk and business growth. Employ a ‘customer first’ and end-to-end mindset to measure and improve the customer experience.
- Lead the Global Risk Analytics team
- Analyze and deliver insights in support of eBay’s business objectives. Ensure insights are consistent with the company's risk appetite to deliver on core financial targets
- Measure and monitor a portfolio of seller risk management detection capabilities and loss-reducing levers. These levers include: holds, limits, reserves, automatic payment methods, as well as new levers that will need to be identified and developed
- Analyze and provide insights on losses from eBay’s Money Back Guarantee program, and optimize trade-offs between loss management and GMV enablement.
- Build and scale eBay's capabilities on buyer risk management analytics and insights in service of standing up our new managed payments platform
- Estimate impact of projects on future losses in partnership with Risk and other business leaders to meet targets
Here at eBay, we love crafting opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: