Build/QA Automation Engineer (d/f/m)Dreilinden, Germany Requisition Number R0035573 Subsidiary eBay Kleinanzeigen
We are one of the most-visited sites in Germany and are still growing at an amazing speed. On our platform we have around 35 million items for sale and with more than 30 million unique users per month we reach ~50% of the German internet population. Our customers use our platform mostly on their mobile devices creating over 45.000 requests per second on our backend systems at peak times! Our core tech stack is based on Java/Kotlin/Spring and MySQL/Cassandra/ElasticSearch/Kafka. We aim for a high velocity on rollouts, which implies automation, early integration and continuous process improvement. Right now we are moving towards a decoupled and flexible architecture. Our target infrastructure is built around Docker, OpenStack and Kubernetes. Frequent exploration streams in combination with tech radars for Backend and Frontend allow us to evaluate and use new evolving technologies. Our Tech Radars are: Backend, Frontend.
To increase our highly skilled and motivated team we are hiring a Build/QA Automation Engineer (d/f/m).
Your Tasks and Responsibilities
- Improve our build, test and deployment ecosystem to make us deliver even faster!
- Ensure that we deliver high quality applications
- Establish the right tools to strengthen DevOps collaboration
- Be involved in the whole development lifecycle from architecture to QA, deployment and operations
- Drive your own ideas for code and process improvement and achieve the next level together with the team
Your Skill Profile
- Good programming skills in Java and common scripting languages
- Get up to speed with new systems and concepts easily
- Believer in team work and a DevOps mindset
- Wide experience with Continuous Delivery, Jenkins-based build pipelines, Git and Maven
- Good knowledge in test automation (JUnit/TestNG, Selenium, REST-assured) and experience with manual/explorative testing
- Experience with building containerized application and running them in a cloud environment
- Basic knowledge of RDBMS and/or NoSQL (e.g. MySQL, Cassandra)
- Curiosity to learn new technologies
- Constant drive to improve
- A family friendly company
- Challenging work with a diverse, excellent and humorous team
- High team autonomy and agile environment
- The chance to work closely with other teams across eBay; in Europe, the USA, and globally
- International career opportunities throughout eBay
- Competitive salary, home office possibilities and great benefits, e.g. conference & education budget (language courses, soft skill training and mentoring), company pension scheme, employee stock plans, mobile phone for business and personal use, latest MacBook Pro, Notebook, PC - you name it
- Homemade waffles, free fruit, vegetables and sweets
- A great campus in Dreilinden/Berlin, with fitness center (yoga, pilates, cycling), table soccer, bike rental, coffee bar, canteen and shuttle-service from S-Bahn Wannsee.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay Kleinanzeigen is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: