Sr Product Manager, Shipping/LogisticsLondon, United Kingdom Requisition Number R0037145 Subsidiary eBay
eBay is a global commerce leader that allows you to shape how the world buys, sells, and gives. You’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago. Here, you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact on people across the globe. We are looking for people with drive, ideas, and a passion for helping small businesses succeed to help shape the future of eBay—does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to talk to you!
About the team:
We are passionate about connecting buyers and sellers around the world and creating opportunities through commerce and technology. Our responsibilities include all aspects of logistics, to empower sellers through state-of-the-art shipping tools.
About the role:
eBay is looking for an experienced Product Manager to execute and shape our shipping tools product strategy. Developing a platform to support and delight users from many distinct markets carries with it many challenges. Ideally you will have previously developed global product strategies that enable and drive innovation and that have launched with meaningful results. You will work closely with our regional business leaders, product and domain leads to identify and build core capabilities, improve utility of features common to multiple key partners, and also solve for local conditions critical to market success.
- Define and execute product strategy and roadmap for Shipping tools backed up by user needs and data; have a global viewpoint and extend applications across use cases
- As the Product Owner, provide clear product vision to your scrum team and co-lead the Agile scrum team with engineering counterpart to execute on roadmap with clear milestones
- Clearly set the product/backlog prioritisation with a balance of near-term deliverables and longer-term investment in technology platforms
- Be the product evangelist and partner closely with business and engineering leaders
- Effectively communicate strategies & trade-offs up to senior leaders and down to development team
- Hands-on experience with agile development process
- Expertise and/or passion in technologies and products required to bring shipping and logistics solutions to market, at scale and globally
- Design, collect, analyse and benchmark product data to make decisions and business cases
- Manage and optimise business processes to free up developers; do everything you can to speed up work that adds value to users directly
- Asks the right questions to formulate product perspective and present requirements
- Balances technical and business acumen; able to communicate what is possible and what will have the biggest impact on business
- Builds positive relationships internally and externally; an active listener and clear communicator
- 7+ years of strong product management experience
- Experience in shipping/logistics domain an advantage
- Knowledge of SQL and Tableau an advantage
- Past experience in product development or platform product management would be ideal
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: