Admarkt Data ScientistAmsterdam, Netherlands Requisition Number R0040680
Every month Marktplaats handles over 8 million unique visitors and 350.000 new advertisements each day making Marktplaats the largest online trading platform in the Netherlands. Consumer and professional sellers offer a large and varied assortment of used and new products. But we want to go even further - we are constantly changing our platform to deliver the experience our customers love. We are a mix of Dutch and Silicon Valley cultures; like both, we are an international team of passionate people who share a common interest in solving problems using software and data. We invite you to join us!
About the team:
Classifieds is shaping the future of local commerce by bringing people together through an enriched online experience that allows them to work closely with the community around them. We are comprised of more than 1,000 people who are passionate for local trade and maintaining the customer-centric nature of the Group, while exploring growth opportunities in both the countries where eBay Classifieds Group already has a presence and in prospective markets.
In this role you will play an important role in the Admarkt product which is part of the portfolio making Small and Medium sized businesses successful on our platforms. You will enable the team to better understand user behaviour and help to optimise the experience (buyside and sellside). We invite you to join our team!
Key responsibilities include:
- Find opportunities to improve our Admarkt product by analyzing user (both seller and buyer) behavior.
- Design and set up experiments that enable us to understand where to focus our efforts
- Validate the impact we make with new initiatives.
- Work with product teams to define key experiment and journey metrics.
- Collaborate with other data teams to use existing data products to improve relevance for our customers
- Visualize and communicate your findings to product teams and other partners.
- Support the Marketing and Sales departments in their Customer Lifecycle Management by providing the right insights in (Tableau) dashboards and the right triggers to other systems (Salesforce, Adobe, Customer contact Centers)
- Provide performance and reporting insights on acquisition, retention and re-activation campaigns
- 5+ years of experience in an analytics or data science environment.
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. degree in statistics, computer science, econometrics, economics, or other quantitative field.
- Proficiency working with large data sets. Good knowledge of SQL. Familiarity with Hadoop, Presto and/or Spark is a pre.
- Knowledge of R and/or Python is a plus.
- Familiarity with experimentation (A/B testing) and related statistical methods.
- Real hunger & curiosity for understanding user behavior.
- Creativity, initiative and drive.
- Superb communication (written/verbal) and presentation abilities in English.
What we offer you:
- Dynamic, international teams with very skilled personalities, a passion for e-commerce, professionalism and a good sense of humour;
- The chance to make impact for SMB companies
- A competitive salary, phenomenal benefits and an excellent working environment;
- Silicon Valley amenities, such as iPhones and MacBook Pros, exciting high spec dev machines and very nice office facilities;
- An opportunity to build applications, which will be used by millions of people globally.
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: