BD Manager PartnershipsAmsterdam, Netherlands Requisition Number R0037213
eBay Classifieds Group is an innovative leader in online classifieds with ten brands that span the globe. Our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities – whether it’s a job, an apartment, a sofa, a car, a concert ticket, financial services or new friends. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less. People who want to connect and trade visit our sites because they’re fun, easy to use and built on trust.
2dehands.be – 2ememain.be are part of eBay and the eBay Classifieds Group (eCG). It combines the energy of a start-up with the resources of one of the leading technology companies in the world. We offer the top 500 advertisers relevant ways to connect and communicate with our 3.2 million monthly unique users, customized integrations and partnerships. In today’s world, building relationships with customers is exceptionally valuable to the success and growth of our business.
Marktplaats handles over 8 million unique visitors and 350.000 new advertisements each day making Marktplaats the largest online trading platform in the Netherlands. Consumer and professional sellers offer a large and varied assortment of used and new products. But we want to go even further - we are constantly changing our platform to deliver the experience our customers love.
We are a mix of Dutch and Silicon Valley cultures; like both, we are an international team of passionate people who share a common interest in solving problems using software and data. We invite you to join us!
As we continuously strive to further improve the trading experience, we've founded the Partnerships Team, a dedicated business unit to setup strategic partnerships for integrated functionalities and services on our platforms. These are funded on three pillars; Payments, Shipping and Financing. This team operates on the cutting edge of business, product and technology, working 360 around the organization to improve the user journey of our users, build business for our partners and meanwhile reach our own revenue goals. Therefor the key principle for this team in doing business is Win-Win-Win. After the initial successes of 2019 we're ready for further acceleration in 2020 and now looking for a driven and seasoned
Business Development Manager
You will bring Payments and Shipping in a new maturing phase. Now the primary value is proven by a fair share of our Marktplaats users, it's time to make these services a natural and indispensable part of every user's journey. Meanwhile for 2dehands.be and 2ememain.be this new chapter is just about to start. You will be integral part of the product and tech team that's going to bring these services to our users and materialize the strategic cooperation’s we've raised with our partners. You will build new partnerships, nurture existing ones and drive them into profitability. Always with a data driven approach to discover, experiment, develop and eventually fulfil the needs of our users
In order to be successful in this role you will have experience in a commercial digital role in a product/service driven publishing organization. You have knowledge of online business models, conversion focused marketing and commercial product development. You know all about product management from a business perspective. You naturally persuade your internal and external partners to tap into the opportunities you spot and create. You combine strong commercial skills and analytical capabilities with a natural persuasion power to help us bring our ambitions alive and at scale
Key accountabilities of this role are:
- Discover new ways to further grow impact and profitability of our platforms, build the business case and coordinate the execution accordingly.
- Setup and maintain strategic durable partnerships for the development of integrated functions/services on our platforms
- Meanwhile stay focussed on interesting market developments, potential new partners and platform features that could build value according to the win-win-win principle
- Demonstrate acumen in driving ideas, convincing (potential) partners, negotiating and closing deals
- 360 alignment internally (journey team, tech, legal, data, product, business, customer support, marketing & PR)
- Be the monetization expert within the organization. Play your role as the business expert internally and the platform expert externally and always lead in the next steps
- Represent Marktplaats.nl and 2dehands.be within the global ECG organisation
- Be on top of the numbers and work together with the Data Analyst to have reliable, accessible and extensive reporting for all partners.
- Always live the results, own the success and be ready to present it in meetings, demo's or QBR's
- Working at ECG is executing in an intense, fast-paced and highly iterative environment
- Bachelor/Master degree in Economics, Business, Econometrics or equivalent.
- >7 years of commercial online experience in technology, publishing or digital services business.
- You are a business person, a negotiating powerhouse who spots the opportunity, lands the partnership agreement and drives value creation.
- Excellent communication, organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to identify previously unidentified business opportunities.
- Ability to combine critical thinking with being pragmatic and strong focus on execution.
- Enjoy cooperation across businesses, and ability to establish positive relationships across levels and functions.
- Proficient in Dutch and English.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day.
We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: