Billing Operations AnalystAmsterdam, Netherlands Requisition Number R0039959
Every month Marktplaats handles over 8 million unique visitors and 350.000 new advertisements each day making Marktplaats the largest online trading platform in the Netherlands. Consumer and professional sellers offer a large and varied assortment of used and new products. But we are used to go even further - we are constantly evolving our platform to deliver the experience our customers love. We are a mix of Dutch and Silicon Valley cultures; like both, we are an international team of passionate people who share a common interest in solving problems using software and data. We invite you to join us
About the team:
Classifieds is shaping the future of local commerce by bringing people together through an enriched online experience that allows them to work closely with the community around them. We are comprised of more than 1,000 people who are hardworking for local trade and maintaining the customer-centric nature of the Group, while exploring growth opportunities in both the countries where eBay Classifieds Group already has a presence and in prospective markets.
For a part of our Business revenue streams we are hiring a Billing Operations Analyst. You will be driving the executing the invoicing preparation, maintain the credit note processing and securing our general revenue recognition. In parallel we are investigating the best way on how to secure these operations, and potentially activities, in the future. You will play a significant role in finding alignment between teams, setting up process descriptions, embodying the work in the designated areas in the business.
Initially the core business divisions to be processed are the Marktplaats Motors and Small Medium Business (Admarkt) revenue streams. In future additional Business Units might be added. The responsibilities assigned with this role, contain activities such as:
- Initiate data gathering for all Motors and Admarkt revenue streams (additional streams in the futures),
- Reconcile data between systems and analyse data correctness/completeness,
- In case of irregularities, flag issues, setup tickets in our error ticketing system(s), align with the (tech/finance) teams to resolve the issues,
- Advise important leads on progress, invoicing timelines/readiness, approval requests and overall invoiced (and to be recognized) amounts,
- Process credit note requests and align with our central Finance team on execution,
- Drive the dunning of sent invoices and work with the Customer Relations teams on progress and support by providing relevant information,
- Support the implementation of a final scalable solution within the BNLX organization.
Being part of the Marktplaats/2deHands.be team its important being able to plan accurately, maybe during stressful times and tight deadlines. You have skills to align data from various sources, analyse the data and determine completeness/correctness. Communication skills are very important as you are required to align with multiple teams with various responsibilities to ensure errors to be corrected, data to be delivered and requests to be approved within the set timelines. You know how to work in Microsoft Excel and have experience with Salesforce.com CRM.
- An education/degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance or equivalent with validated experience in Accounts Receivable.
- Proactive, efficient, independent and possess excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Handling projects and process implementations, align with various partners and work well with colleagues.
- A phenomenal teammate with the ability to work across multiple offices and time zones in a very diverse setting.
- Excellent communication skills that allow you to efficient collaborate!
- Flexible and willing to function in a constantly evolving, demanding environment.
- Willing to be available evenings and weekends as required by billing and payment cycles.
- Sophisticated MS Office skills (Word, Powerpoint, Excel and Access).
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: