Finance & Technology InternAmsterdam, Netherlands Requisition Number R0039382
eBay Classifieds Group, Office of the CTO Technology Intern
eBay Classifieds Group is searching for an intern, who is interested in joining the company for a 6-12 months period beginning in late July or early August 2020. This is a paid internship based out of our office in Amsterdam. At the moment, everyone is working remotely, but this may change depending on authorities’ and company guidelines.
The eBay Classifieds Group (eCG) is an innovative global leader in online classifieds. Our sites help people find whatever they are looking for in their local communities. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by building a world where people share more and waste less. We have eleven brands that span the globe offering online classifieds in more than, 1000 cities around the world.
eCG is always looking for hardworking, high-energy, self-motivated, committed people who are passionate about e-commerce/digital platforms/their work. Our team members enjoy a substantial environment that places the highest value on innovation, accountability and playing to win. Our culture is based on open and clear communication, respect for other points of view and a spirit of fun.
Working in the Office of the Chief Technology Officer (OCTO) as part of the Finance team. Besides the Finance Director, OCTO Finance covers FP&A, Marketing Analytics and Technology Analysis. We work with numerous partners throughout the eCG organization and you will have exposure to many of these. Assisting in a number of different areas ranging from data related queries, researching business related topics of importance, marketing related inquiries and more. The role is not a traditional finance role.
This role reports to the Technology Analyst and also support the Director of Finance in providing data and insights to support day-to-day activities. You will help finding the right data through source identification, supervising progress on organizational objectives and key results. You could be working with product analysts, central data team, marketing analysts and more. There could also be opportunities to support the FP&A Analyst depending on time and profile fit. You will also be able to build your own project in agreement with your manager. Other tasks could be:
- Conducting data extraction and reporting
- Research literature about relevant topics and making pitches in written or oral format
- Assist with return on investment analyses, business development projects & with process management
What does a typical day look like:
You will work from our centrally located offices in Amsterdam in a relaxed and very international environment working towards crafting an outstanding digital Classifieds experience for our users. It will be hard to find two identical days, but often your day will consist of time for research and reporting, joining relevant meetings and working on projects. There is ample opportunity to structure your day to make it work for you as long as you deal with your responsibilities and deliver on time.
Due to the impact of Covid-19, all work is done virtually until further notice. This requires an added level of drive, self-discipline and focus.
We are looking for an intern who is:
- Passionate about technology and e-commerce
- Analytically minded and eager to learn
- Forward-thinking and congenial
- Academic background, preferably in a quantitative field or with organizational management focus either about to graduate or recently graduated
- Good communication skills – you can clearly state your intent and purpose (verbal and written)
- High proficiency in the English language
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a positive attitude – the ability to work well with and harmonize with different educational, cultural and technical backgrounds
- Independent problem solver and proactive personality (there is a plan and structure in place, but if you find something you are very interested in, there will be opportunities to pursue those in accordance with your manager)
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong proven understanding in Excel and proficiency in PowerPoint
- Ability to build SQL queries for data extraction
- Phenomenal time management skills – balancing your daily working hours and delivering assignments on time
- A keen interest in technology and e-commerce
- Knowledge of business finance
- Knowledge of A/B testing
- Hands on experience with either R or Python
You will need to be in your penultimate year or final year of university study, and available to work on a full-time basis for the entire internship period starting in July/August 2020.
What we offer: /What's in it for you?
- The opportunity to work in an international and dynamic environment with international teams with highly skilled personalities and integrity, but relaxed professional atmosphere
- An opportunity to improve websites and services used by millions of people globally
- The chance to work with product, technology, marketing, analytics teams and others at eCG
- PC or MacBook to conduct work; Mobile phone
- EUR 1,200 a month stipend
Are you ready to seek this full time internship role and begin your journey in e-commerce? Submit your application today!
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: