Global Lead Internal AuditAmsterdam, Netherlands Requisition Number R0037002
Global Lead Internal Audit
eBay Classifieds Group is an innovative leader in online classifieds with ten brands that span the globe. Our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities – whether it’s a job, an apartment, a sofa, a car, a concert ticket, financial services or new friends. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less. People who want to connect and trade visit our sites because they’re fun, easy to use and built on trust.
About the team:
Classifieds is shaping the future of local commerce by bringing people together through an enriched online experience that allows them to build great relationships with the community around them. We are comprised of more than 1,000 people who are passionate for local trade and maintaining the customer-centric nature of the Group, while exploring growth opportunities in both the countries where eBay Classifieds Group already has a presence and in prospective markets.
In this new and exciting role you will be responsible for driving the Internal Audit function in the eBay Classified Group. As our Internal Auditor you are an important enabler to process & control improvement which will also entail more centralization of processes from our local websites to our central team in Amsterdam.
This is a very broad role that brings together all aspects of Internal Audit. You’ll be interacting directly to all levels of the organization: from eCG’s leaders to the people who are executing the processes.
- Review and evaluate the adequacy and efficiency of the processes and the internal controls
- Conduct operational, compliance and financial audits including SoX
- Analyze business processes and advise on process optimization
- Provide independent assurance to the local management on the standards of control
- Review and evaluate compliance with corporate policies and procedures
- Liaise with and influence people of all levels and cultural backgrounds
- Present the outcomes & findings within the organization, as well as to eBay’s SoX and internal audit function.
What we are looking for:
- RA/ACCA/CPA or CIA education
- Minimum of 4 to 8 years of relevant experience in auditing, preferably gained within a big four accounting firm or international company
- Being able to translate complicated issues into simple solutions that enable business growth, analytical ability and initiative are a must
- ”Hands-on” and pro-active attitude
- Eye for detail, but also having the ability to understand the overall picture
- Able to communicate efficiently at various levels across the organization throughout the world
- Fluent in English, spoken and written
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics or Business Administration (BEc or BBA) or higher
Diversity and Inclusion at eBay:
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: