Head of Strategy & OperationsAmsterdam, Netherlands Requisition Number R0036109 Subsidiary eBay Classifieds Group
Head of Strategy & Operations
eBay Classifieds Group is an innovative leader in online classifieds with ten brands that span the globe. Our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities – whether it’s a job, an apartment, a sofa, a car, a concert ticket, financial services or new friends. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by crafting a world where people share more and waste less. People who want to connect and trade visit our sites because they’re fun, easy to use and built on trust.
About the team:
Classifieds is shaping the future of local commerce by bringing people together through an enriched online experience that allows them to contact the community around them. We are comprised of more than 1,000 people who are passionate for local trade and maintaining the customer-centric nature of the Group, while exploring growth opportunities in both the countries where eBay Classifieds Group already has a presence and in prospective markets.
As the Head of Strategy & Operations, you will fulfill a key role in the Global Advertising Centre of Excellence (COE) established to define and steer eBay eCGs advertising initiatives across 11 different geographically dispersed business units (BUs).
This is an exciting, impactful role where you will be responsible for strategy, processes & delivery management surrounding our big bets for advertising. You will work side by side with your fellow CoE team members and markets to deliver on ad revenues, strategic partnerships, proprietary capabilities and operational rigor.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Help define the overall strategy for eCG's advertising business and the processes that are necessary to drive them
- Lead the governance and delivery of strategic initiatives in the advertising space across Display, text & PLA and Proprietary Capabilities delivering global impact.
- Manage risks, issues, and actions across BU’s and global teams; track them regularly to meet the encouraged outcomes and timelines.
- Define and deliver robust and scalable processes to speed up adoption of takeaways and best practices across markets in the advertising space.
- Closely work with global and local eCG teams as well as Partners including facilitating execution of major deliverables from roadmap placement through execution
- Design and deliver on processes that will help drive operational rigor such as OKR's, strategy documents and business planning
- Proven track record of defining, implementing, and driving strategy and processes surrounding this
- You are a strong communicator and relationship builder and will liaise in person and remotely with peers in international markets
- Stellar analytical skills and experience crafting/visualizing business strategy
- Preferably also strong background in online advertising (technology) and the online classifieds business
- Strong results orientation with a dedicated partner focus, strong attention to detail and quality.
- You will demonstrate your experience delivering major projects and programs to provide direction and leadership to a number of commercial and highly technical teams.
- Able to demonstrate excellent strategic and delivery oriented capabilities
- Stellar verbal and written communication skills
- Experience gained in management consultancy and/or strategy roles in large, multinational organizations
- Ambitious professional
- Willingness and ability to do frequent business travel
What we offer:
- Dynamic, international teams with very skilled personalities, a passion for e-commerce, integrity and a good sense of humor.
- The chance to work closely with other teams across eBay; in Europe, the USA and globally.
- A competitive salary, great benefits and an excellent working environment.
- Silicon Valley amenities, such as iPhones and MacBook Pros, exciting high spec dev machines and very nice office facilities.
- An opportunity to build applications, which will be used by millions of people globally.
From the moment that you join our team we seek to make your employment experience an outstanding and engaging one. If you are enthusiastic and thrive in a reciprocal and friendly environment then apply and send us your CV. For more information, you can contact Radboud Fluttert, Recruiting
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day.
We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: