Manager, Site OperationsAmsterdam, North Holland Requisition Number R0019613 Subsidiary eBay Classifieds Group
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
Manager Site Operations / Site Reliability Engineering
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Department: eCG Site Operations
eBay Classifieds Group (eCG) is one of the fastest growing businesses within eBay that drives connected commerce by creating local marketplaces across the globe, powered by simplicity and enriched personal interaction. We have built the world’s most successful classifieds company through strong local brands that help people find whatever they’re looking for in their communities. eBay Classifieds Group combines the entrepreneurial energy of a start-up with the resources and trusted leadership of a major corporation. Our culture is based on open and honest communication, respect for other points of view and a spirit of fun that keeps egos in check. eBay Classifieds Group offers empowering roles worldwide with a focus on creativity, competitive pay and benefits, professional growth, and performance-focused rewards.
You will be joining a talented site operations group where, through coaching and guidance, we motivate our agile operations team to create and maintain secure, stable, scalable, and central infrastructure to guarantee the same awesome user experience worldwide.
As Team Lead you will be involved in all parts of the platform infrastructure, including building, testing, deployment, scaling, and monitoring. You will have 10-12 talented engineers within your area of responsibility and with a holistic view on our talents, we strive to create a well-balanced work life.
Across our site operations group you help and support each other in all job-related aspects e.g. around talent development, talent acquisition, and managing deliveries.
Collaboration is key to our way of working and handling challenges.
As a Team Lead you are responsible for leading a growing, centralized platforms Site Operations group who create, operate, maintain, and evolve large-scale online environments. While leading the team you are also contributing in a hands-on way and helping nurture the team. You enjoy developing scalable, secure, and enterprise-grade deployments and working with an excellent team of dedicated engineers and product managers to support the needs of the business.
As the team's lead you will:
- be responsible for the operation of eBay Classifieds Group’s central platforms supporting key functionalities across our entire portfolio of businesses including building, testing, deployment, scaling, and monitoring;
- be responsible to plan and provide the capacity and the necessary solutions such that the platforms can continue along their high-paced growth path;
- define agile processes and provide a high degree of structure and transparency as well as a high commitment to your team and the needs of the businesses;
- be responsible for continuous coaching and development and ongoing motivation of the team. You will push your team to deliver and will provide them with the skills and abilities that they need to keep up their high level of performance in this challenging environment;
- be embedded in a global Site Operations organization that regards collaboration as the key to success. We share solutions and approaches and constantly explore new ways to help and support each other. Hence you will be exchanging, interacting, and collaborating very closely especially with other local Site Operations and DevOps teams as well as with Site Operation teams of other eBay Classified Group platforms around the world.
Experience in Site Operations (5+) and as a Team Lead. Of course, you’ve a Bachelor or Masters’ Degree / MBA. You’re outcome oriented – not reactionary; articulate the desired outcome and work collaboratively to create a path to achieve it. Experience in:
- running large, production-scale web and mobile platforms running on Linux;
- operating applications based on typical Big Data components like Hadoop and Cassandra;
- modern virtualization technologies like Nomad, Docker and OpenStack.
You’ve (extensive) knowledge around:
- other typical enterprise platform tools like Varnish and NginX;
- search technologies such as Elasticsearch.
Proven track around provisioning and orchestration using Terraform, Puppet and Saltstack.
To be successful you have:
- excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- experience managing small to medium-sized SiteOps or DevOps engineering teams;
- proven record on ability to deliver in time and high quality;
- creative thinking and openness to different views and input;
- high affinity for online products.
What we offer:
Dynamic, international teams with very skilled personalities, a passion for e-commerce, professionalism and a good sense of humour.
The chance to work closely with other teams across eBay; in Europe, the USA and globally.
A competitive salary, great benefits and an excellent working environment.
Silicon Valley amenities, such as iPhones and MacBook Pros, crazy high spec dev machines and very nice office facilities.
From the moment that you join our team we aspire to make your employment experience an outstanding and engaging one. If you are enthusiastic and thrive in a collaborative and friendly environment then we invite you to apply and send us your cv. For more information, you can contact Radboud Fluttert 0031 6 5471 2410 / firstname.lastname@example.org, Talent Engagement Partner.
View our accessibility infoR0019613