Privacy Lawyer eBay Classifieds GroupAmsterdam, Netherlands Requisition Number R0040879 Subsidiary eBay Classifieds Group
eBay Classifieds Group is an innovative leader in online classifieds with ten brands that span the globe. Our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities – whether it’s a job, an apartment, a sofa, a car, a concert ticket, financial services or new friends. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less. People who want to connect and trade visit our sites because they’re fun, easy to use and built on trust.
We invite you to join us!
Privacy Lawyer eBay Classifieds Group
eBay Inc.’s Legal Department is hiring an experienced in-house e-commerce Privacy lawyer to join our eBay Classifieds (“eCG”) Legal Team - to be based at eCG’s HQ in Amsterdam, the Netherlands (partial remote working is a possibility). The eCG Privacy Counsel will be the primary privacy advisor on all privacy related matters to eCG’s businesses in Europe excluding Germany (UK, Benelux, Italy, Denmark) along with eCG’s global portfolio (Australia, South Africa, Canada, Mexico) – advising both the eCG Legal Team and the business teams.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about working in one of the e-commerce world's world-class in-house legal departments, advising on sophisticated online Privacy issues. The candidate should have significant experience operating as in-house privacy counsel in the international online advertising/marketing ecosystem. This position will report to the eBay Chief Privacy Officer.
This Role’s primary accountabilities:
- Sitting with the fast paced eCG business team and acting as their real-time Privacy advisor – guiding business strategy and carrying out operational privacy work
- Working with business, legal and other partners to provide privacy guidance on products, functionalities, projects and advising on appropriate risk-based mitigation, and privacy compliance strategies
- Conducting Privacy Impact Assessments (PIAs) on relevant products, functionalities and services involving collection, processing, disclosure and deletion of personal information
- Assisting the eCG Legal Team and business/product organizations in carrying out privacy elements of web/mobile product reviews and of commercial contracts with advertisers, ad agencies, ad servers, and data management companies, as well as major AdTech/MarTech platforms
- Leading eCG responses to privacy regulatory inquiries, notifications, interface
- Establishing and maintaining strong positive engagement with relevant regulators and industry organizations (IAB, etc.)
- Independently coordinating with functional partners, including Information Security, Litigation, IP, and other internal teams
- Handling external counsel where needed
- Willingness to take over DPO positions for eCG European businesses (excl. Germany)
- Strong understand and working experience in global privacy laws, including but not limited to EU GDPR
- Strong understanding of privacy, business and technology aspects of online advertising including Consent Management Platforms (CMPs), IAB Consent Framework (TCF 2.0) and related consent legal/regulatory/privacy issues
- Minimum of 7 years of privacy legal experience at a law firm and/or in-house, including substantial amount of time working with internet, technology and/or media companies in the ad tech/data space (e.g., ad serving, programmatic, data management, measurement and analytics)
- Experience working in a matrixed, cross-department, cross-functional role requiring good client relationship skills, including the ability to independently solicit the advice and input of different partners as needed
- Be qualified to practice law in a relevant eCG businesses jurisdiction – multiple jurisdiction qualifications a plus
- Proficient in English
- Willing and able to travel
- Major ecommerce/AdTech platform in-house legal experience
- Good relationships with industry organizations and regulators (IAB, privacy regulators, etc.)
- Certified International Privacy Professional (CIPP/E)
- Additional privacy certifications (CIPP/M or CIPP/T)
- LLM in IT/IP/E-commerce law
Relocation packages are possible.
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: