Senior Counsel, eCG - Global Ads COEAmsterdam, Netherlands Requisition Number R0036310 Subsidiary eBay Classifieds Group
Senior Legal Counsel, eBay Classifieds Group - Global Advertising Center of Excellence
eBay Classifieds Group is an innovative leader in online classifieds with ten brands that span the globe. Our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities – whether it’s a job, an apartment, a sofa, a car, a concert ticket, financial services or new friends. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less. People who want to connect and trade visit our sites because they’re fun, easy to use and built on trust.
About the team:
eBay Inc.’s Legal Department is looking for an experienced international in-house e-commerce lawyer to join our eBay Classifieds (“eCG”) Legal Team to be based at eCG’s HQ in Amsterdam. This role will act as business partner and in-house counsel to eBay Classifieds’ Global Advertising Center of Excellence.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about working in one of the e-commerce world's best-in-class in-house legal departments, being close to the business and acting as a true business partner - advising on sophisticated online advertising/marketing technology issues and negotiating complex related agreements. You should have significant experience operating as in-house counsel in the international online advertising/marketing ecosystem – including drafting and negotiating non-routine complex commercial contracts for a technology company. This position will report to the VP, Global Head of Legal, eCG.
Primary accountabilities include:
- Sitting with the fast paced, eCG Advertising COE business team as their real-time legal advisor – guiding business strategy and carrying out operational legal work;
- Working with business partners to understand, structure, negotiate, draft and close agreements with advertisers, ad agencies, ad servers, and data management companies, as well as major AdTech/MarTech platforms/providers;
- Supporting the Advertising COE as their first line privacy advisor – looping in the eBay Privacy legal team when necessary;
- Carrying out web/mobile product review on the implementation of advertising and marketing technologies/products;
- Independently coordinating with functional partners, including Tax, Privacy, Information Security, Litigation, IP, and other internal teams;
- Liaising with eBay Inc. Legal team globally;
- Managing external counsel globally.
- 7+ years of transactional legal experience at a law firm and/or in-house, including significant time working with internet, technology and/or media companies in the ad tech/data space (e.g., ad serving, programmatic, data management, measurement and analytics);
- Strong understanding of GDPR, consent management platforms (CMPs), IAB Consent Framework and related consent legal/regulatory/privacy issues;
- Familiarity with both B2B and B2C aspects of the digital advertising ecosystem;
- Familiarity with insertion orders and IAB terms and conditions for digital advertising;
- Significant experience drafting and negotiating SaaS agreements, digital marketing agreements and similar complex services agreements, including related privacy and data security provisions;
- Skills and experience necessary to advise on a broad range of the business and legal issues related to digital advertising/marketing businesses, including intellectual property, data protection, consumer protection and privacy issues in the context of advertising/marketing related technology (e.g., use of beacons, cookies and cookie alternatives across devices, move to a cookieless world, programmatic technologies and matching of datasets to target ads to various audience segments, data flows and interdependencies between adtech platforms);
- Experience in a cross-department, cross-functional role requiring good client relationship skills and the ability to independently solicit the advice and input of different partners as necessary and appropriate;
- Qualified to practice law in a major global jurisdiction – e.g. the United States, England and Wales, Netherlands and/or Germany (multiple jurisdiction qualifications a plus);
- Legal budget management experience - accruals, fee negotiation, law firm management;
- Fluent in English.
- Have major ecommerce brand in-house legal experience;
- Matrix organizational experience;
- Good relationships with industry organizations and regulators (IAB, privacy regulators, etc.);
- IAPP(E) certification;
- LLM in IT/IP/E-commerce law.
What we offer:
- Impactful work in a versatile, extremely capable and fun-loving team
- Dynamic environment with flat hierarchies
- The chance to learn from other teams with very skilled personalities, and a passion for e-commerce, innovation and problem solving; in Europe and globally
From the moment you join we aspire to make your employment experience an excellent and engaging one. If you are enthusiastic and thrive in a collaborative and friendly environment then we invite you to apply and send us your CV!
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: