Senior Software Engineer - DataAmsterdam, Netherlands Requisition Number R0035065 Subsidiary eBay Classifieds Group
eBay Classifieds Group is an innovative leader in online classifieds with ten brands that span the globe. Our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities – whether it’s a job, an apartment, a sofa, a car, a concert ticket, financial services or new friends. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less. People who want to connect and trade visit our sites because they’re fun, easy to use and built on trust.
About the team:
Classifieds is shaping the future of local commerce by bringing people together through an enriched online experience that allows them to reach out to the community around them. We are comprised of more than 1,000 people who are passionate for local trade and maintaining the customer-centric nature of the Group, while exploring growth opportunities in both the countries where eBay Classifieds Group already has a presence and in prospective markets.
We are looking for an experienced Big Data Engineer with a proven track-record in building data workflows and data products at scale, to join the world’s leading online classifieds business.
Given the pace the industry is moving, we are constantly investigating technical advancements that can improve the way we use data to deliver compelling user experiences.
Would you like to join us as part of our central data team, working with highly skilled engineers and scientists? You will help deliver our strategy around leveraging Big Data and advanced Data Science techniques to transform our business across the globe.
- You will work closely together with global tech, product and data science teams to develop new ideas, implement and test them, and measure success
- You will translate data science models and algorithms into cleanly coded data products
- You will use your ETL and Big Data infrastructure knowledge to improve our data systems
- 5+ years of professional experience in big data engineering with an established track record of making things that work at scale
- Degree in Computer Science, Math, Statistics or similar field a plus
- Experience with Scala and Java 8 programming languages
- Knowledge and experience with Python is a plus
- Hands-on experience with the big-data eco-system – Hadoop, Yarn, Spark, Kafka, Flink, Cassandra, Kafka Streams, Luigi, Airflow
- Knowledge of event-driven design
- Proficient in designing efficient and robust ETL workflows
- You are enthusiastic, curious and self-motivated
- You are fluent in English and have great communication skills and ability to concisely and to-the-point deliver recommendations & proposals
- Preferred experience with cloud computing environments – (Amazon EC2, Google Cloud, Azure)
- Some experience with machine learning models
What you can expect from us:
- A harmonious, informal, international and playful work environment
- Work with cool modern technologies, processes and consumer facing products
- Access to tools and resources to do your job
- Ability to join multiple internal interest groups in eBay in trending topics like Data Science, Mobile Development, Customer Experience and more
- Continuous Deployment of product changes to get rapid feedback about your work
- Being part of the eBay family, a company with a history and phenomenal potential
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: