DevOps EngineerAmsterdam, Netherlands Requisition Number R0037753 Subsidiary eBay Classifieds Group
Every month Marktplaats handles over 8 million unique visitors and 350.000 new advertisements each day making Marktplaats the largest online trading platform in the Netherlands. Consumer and professional sellers offer a large and varied assortment of used and new products. But we want to go even further - we are constantly changing our platform to deliver the experience our customers love. We are a mix of Dutch and Silicon Valley cultures; like both, we are an international team of passionate people who share a common interest in solving problems using software and data. We invite you to join us!
About the team:
Classifieds is shaping the future of local commerce by bringing people together through an enriched online experience that allows them to work closely with the community around them. We are comprised of more than 1,000 people who are passionate for local trade and maintaining the customer-centric nature of the Group, while exploring growth opportunities in both the countries where eBay Classifieds Group already has a presence and in prospective markets.
The TnS (Trust and Safety) team is responsible for developing and maintaining the global TnS platform that will be used to ensure the least possible harm is done by fraudsters and spammers; the platform is a backend service used by eCG markets all over the world.
We are a single journey team therefore we build, deploy and operate our product. As part of the team, your responsibilities will lie mainly on development and maintenance of the TnS platform services.
TnS team is a diverse international team that believes in collaboration, idea sharing, continuous growth and a no-blame culture.
- Build and maintain software to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of our services
- Think with your colleagues about architecture decisions and help work them out
- Support and mentor the team on operational skills on public cloud infrastructure
- Engage in service capacity planning and demand forecasting, software performance analysis and system tuning
- Share on-call rotations
- 5+ years programming experience in at least one of: Kotlin, Java, Go and Scala
- 2+ years experience with cloud providers (preferred GCP)
Hands-on experience with:
- infrastructure automation tools and orchestrators (Terraform)
- kubernetes, helm and kubernetes operators
- monitoring frameworks (StackDriver and Prometheus)
- Expertise to operate messaging queues (Kafka, ...) and Elasticsearch
- Networking knowledge
What we are looking for
- Take ownership over everything you ship. You pride yourself on efficient monitoring and strong documentation.
- Be able to work in an agile environment.
- Be good on your own, but shine in a team
- Expertise in designing, analysing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- Strong experience in writing good quality code with Java or Kotlin.
- Systematic problem solving approach, coupled with a strong sense of ownership and drive.
- Proven skill and passion for operational perfection.
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: