Technical Product ManagerAmsterdam, Netherlands Requisition Number R0034368 Subsidiary eBay Classifieds Group
eBay Classifieds Group is an innovative leader in online classifieds with ten brands that span the globe. Our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities – whether it’s a job, an apartment, a sofa, a car, a concert ticket, financial services or new friends. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less. People who want to connect and trade visit our sites because they’re fun, easy to use and built on trust.
About the team:
Classifieds is shaping the future of local commerce by bringing people together through an enriched online experience that allows them to reach out to the community around them. We are comprised of more than 1,000 people who are passionate for local trade and maintaining the customer-centric nature of the Group, while exploring growth opportunities in both the countries where eBay Classifieds Group already has a presence and in prospective markets.
We believe that solving customer problems and delivering value to our business can be done at scale. As the Global Capabilities Team (CAPS) we offer our local brands a portfolio of capabilities along the end customer journey that speeds up time to market across the eBay Classifieds Group. Our global teams develop and innovate a broad variety of central solutions and services: Full integrations of back-office systems, central advertising, experimentation and real-time communication solutions, personalization and performance APIs and algorithms as well as a central data infrastructure.
We closely partner with our local peers on efficient integrations of our capabilities that build valuable experiences for our end customers and the business. Data is the voice of our customers and helps us to define the common goals we work towards as one team.
As CAPS Product Manager you are responsible for the product evolution of our global services and solutions. You know how to discover and address our customers’ problems and you are able to articulate this vision concisely. You will encourage decision makers as well as your central development teams to deliver against the strategic goals you set.
As you are an ambassador of the company strategy, local business needs and the end customer, you empower your teams by setting the right priorities.
Forming effective collaborations with partners in a global setup comes natural to you. In close partnership with local business and product peers you ideate, define, experiment and craft impactful value propositions. You ensure reliable feedback loops from end-users to improve existing solutions and services solutions or drive innovation in your portfolio.
Together with tech and delivery leads you:
- improve visibility of the teams’ roadmap and key deliverables and ensure a continuous delivery of value to the end customers and our business;
- share insights around successful value delivery across the company;
- provide context and easy access to knowledge for local markets and thus reduce time to impact globally.
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years Product Management experience (preferably in Classifieds business);
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills. Able to frame problems, collect data, perform the analysis, arrive at valid conclusions and present the data and metrics to influence others;
- Inventive with ability to get things done. Capable of operating in a fast-paced, ambitious environment, across multiple teams and balancing multiple priorities;
- Experience with different measures of product discovery, quantitative testing (e.g. A/B-testing) and qualitative testing (e.g. Usability testing);
- Natural consensus-builder and collaborative decision-making style across partners, commercial, design & engineering teams;
- Proactive and results driven. You challenge the status quo with the ability to articulate a path to get there;
- Curious and passionate about learning and building great products to help us and our partners grow;
- Phenomenal teammate with excellent collaboration, communication and organization skills;
- Ability to quickly follow-up on impediments – having a ‘can-do’ attitude;
- You have at least a bachelor’s degree.
What you can expect from us:
- An informal, international and playful work environment with self-organized, multi-disciplinary agile/lean teams;
- Managers and teammates who are invested in your growth as a technologist and as a person;
- Access to tools and resources to do your job (outstanding laptop, IDEs, Safari Online subscription, conferences and meetups, all the coffee and soda you can drink, and much more);
- Ability to join and participate in multiple internal interest groups in trending topics like Machine Learning, AI, DevOps, BigData, mobile development, and others;
- Continuous Deployment through multiple environments to get rapid feedback about your work.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: