Accounting ManagerAustin, Texas Requisition Number R0041617
eBay Inc. is a global commerce leader that connects millions of buyers and sellers around the world. We exist to enable economic opportunity for individuals, entrepreneurs, businesses and organizations of all sizes. eBay Marketplaces operates in 190 markets around the world.
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you're interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay a company you can be proud to be a part of.
The Chief Accounting Officer (CAO) team is seeking a highly motivated individual with a combination of systems and project management skills to assume a role within our Controller Systems team. You will work in a dynamic organization in a role with both global and regional components and optimize the build of our financial systems and operational processes. The successful candidate will find him/herself surrounded by sharp professionals with diverse backgrounds, operating in a fast-paced, intellectual, and collaborative environment.
eBay Inc. (NASDAQ: EBAY) is a global commerce leader. Collectively, we connect millions of buyers and sellers around the world, empowering people and creating opportunity through Connected Commerce. Founded in 1995 in San Jose, Calif., eBay is one of the world’s largest and most vibrant marketplaces for discovering great value and unique selection. This role reports to the Director, Marketplaces Revenue Accounting. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Partner with cross functional teams such as Finance, Accounting Policy, Finance, Tax, Shared Services, Accounting Systems and Corporate function teams to establish new and improved processes, formalize and implement consistent policies and standards across the Company.
- Support new business initiatives through identification of accounting requirements and ensure implementation of financial controls and process and system solutions.
- Direct accounting and reporting system related projects from a business owner perspective, including concept development, requirement identification, user testing, and production implementation from a process and operational standpoint.
- Support the month-end close by performing and validating accruals, preparing and reviewing complex account reconciliations and reserve models, and conducting fluctuation analyses.
- Conduct and support ongoing reviews of accounting processes within areas the Controlling team supports, internal controls, and overall effectiveness to drive process improvements through automation, streamlining and best practices towards vision of World Class Controlling and collaboration across the CAO organization.
- Determine SOX implications of new business initiatives and processes, modify/implement controls as appropriate, and conduct accounting process reviews with internal and external auditors.
- Support external audit and quarterly/annual SEC filing by timely submission of PBC schedules and reporting packages and pro-active partnership with the audit team.
- The success of this role will largely be dependent on the ability to manage various partners to ensure process and systems are designed and implemented in accordance with the accounting and reporting requirements of the Marketplaces Business Unit. The model candidate will demonstrate a sense of problem awareness, an aptitude for critical thinking, an ability to break down and improve systems and processes, and a vision for future needs.
- Candidates must be self-starters with a solid work ethic and also possess the following:
- 4+ years of experience in an accounting and/or controlling role, preferably in an international global environment;
- University degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA certification a strong plus.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, SOX, and standard accounting processes and controls.
- Solid experience with ERP systems (SAP, Oracle, etc.), and data warehouse reporting tools (Business Objects, MicroStrategy, Tableau, etc.).
- Advanced Excel knowledge. SQL knowledge (Basic to Intermediate) a plus.
- Effective interpersonal skills – including capability to listen to the needs of others, research and comprehend sophisticated matters, eloquent issues in a clear and concise manner, and present findings as well as recommendations in both oral and written form.
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills, and experience applying these skills to resolve operational accounting process and system issues.
- Customer focus and effectively collaborate and influence in a cross-functional and/or matrix environment; including working with all levels and in multiple locations.
- Comfort with initiating and responding to change; proven track record to identify, develop and implement process/systems improvements.
- Ability to set priorities, multiple tasks, work independently and deliver results in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Strong background in accounting or finance, business processes and internal control evaluation. Ability to craft and implement processes in support of new business or governance initiatives and experience leading operational and process change with a drive towards world class controlling processes and controls.
- Focus on eBay’s cultural values.
- Education: Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.