AML Investigator, FIUAustin, Texas Requisition Number R0029815
Investigator, AML Investigations, Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU)
Come Join the eBay Team
Do you want to be a foundational member of an elite compliance team operationalizing eBay's Anti Money Laundering / Counter Terrorist Financing (AML/CTF) program? Do you want to join an innovative investigative team focused on money laundering (ML) and terrorism finance (TF) and related financial crimes while building a culture of compliance as well as tools on the technological edge?
Financial Intelligence Unit
eBay’s nascent Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU) performs a critical role in the execution and management of eBay’s Bank Secrecy Act/anti-money laundering (AML) compliance program: adhering to a set of required standards and processes regarding AML investigations; ensuring eBay’s compliance with applicable laws and regulations, including the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), the USA PATRIOT Act, as it builds capacity to provide regulators, law enforcement with key lead information regarding the investigation and prosecution of money laundering and terrorist financing, and other closely related criminal activity; and building a "culture of compliance" to ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices.
Investigator, AML Investigations
eBay seeks highly a motivated and experienced individual to serve as an investigator in its FIU. The investigator is responsible for conducting timely, special and complex investigations related to suspected money laundering, terrorism finance or other related financial crimes, cultivating analytic trends and typologies unique to payments services and associated with online marketplaces, and drafting suspicious activity reports as appropriate.
Key Responsibilities and Qualities
- Navigating through complex data, including internal and external research, in order to provide critical information in a well-documented research file that may lead to the filing of suspicious activity reports (SARs) as required by law.
- Identifying, developing, and applying AML typologies, analytics, and investigative techniques.
- Documenting investigative findings in the narrative style format of a SAR in a case management system for preparation and filing directly with the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN).
- Team player with strong collaborative qualities and a positive demeanor.
- Knowledge and experience with BSA laws, regulations and related compliance requirements (including reporting and record retention requirements), international AML/CFT standards such as those promulgated by the Financial Action Task Force, OFAC compliance, and understanding of how changes in those regulations or compliance requirements affect FIU management and eBay.
- Three (3) + years of experience in the investigation and research of money laundering and/or terrorist financing in a BSA/AML compliance, federal law enforcement, or regulator environment. .
- Ability to assist in the scoping and building of tools needs to conduct analysis, investigations, and created related analytics.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with senior AML and compliance management, senior law enforcement officials, and FIU counterparts at eBay and in similar regulated entities.
- Working knowledge of the risk indicator trends in money laundering, terrorist financing or other related financial crime and the ability to position our processes to ensure we are able to mitigate those risks at eBay.
- Strong writing and oral communication skills.
- Analytical, investigative research and documentation skills.
- Ability to work with agility in a fast paced, and rapidly changing environment, within time-critical situations.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Access) including the use of pivot tables.
- Ability to work on confidential and sensitive matters with a high degree of professionalism and discretion.
- J.D. L.L.M., or equivalent
- Anti-Money Laundering Specialist, Financial Crimes Specialist, Certified Fraud Examiner, or related professional certification preferred.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: