Data Engineer/Analytic ManagerAustin, Texas Requisition Number R0034415
ABOUT THE TEAM:
Our team oversees all aspects of eBay’s finance, analytics, and information technology functions – including controllership, procurement, financial planning and analysis, tax, treasury, audit, mergers and acquisitions, and investor relations. At eBay, we love data, so finance plays a critical role in establishing strategic focus, enabling growth, ensuring execution and driving efficiencies across the organization.
Global Collections analytics team is responsible for delivering business insights and performance insights for Collections and Treasury.
We are currently seeking a Data Engineer/Analytic Manager to lead the team and support our department. In this role you will support internal collections teams, own development and implementation of analysis and help prioritize key bad debt reduction initiatives through decisions based on data without impact on top line revenue.
IN THIS ROLE THE MANAGER WILL:
- Deliver insights into customers, processes and products to drive improvements in collections and reducing bad debt for eBay
- Conduct post-mortem loss analysis on strategic growth initiatives and share updates with the collections leadership team
- Perform exploratory data analysis to develop hypotheses for causes of bad debt
- Develop SQL queries to extract data for both analysis and model construction
- Design eye-catching visualizations in Tableau and build supporting calculations
- Build database tables and schemas to support the assembly of data for analytics
- Develop SQL code for ETL projects
- Support critical Collections metrics and build out self-serve reporting that will strengthen decision quality through meaningful data
- Demonstrate the ability to work in ambiguity using experience and proven theory knowledge
- Partner with other cross functional teams within eBay to use standard methodology, share data analysis and establish business cases
- Provide cross-functional, data-driven recommendations for lowering bad debt while remaining aligned with other team goals
- Assess events on customer invoice timeline to drive better business outcomes
If you work well in a demanding environment, you learn quickly and possess extensive collection/risk management experience, this is a role you should consider. Being able to demonstrate the ability to breakdown processes, look for immediate opportunities and have a vision for future needs is what we need. In this role you will have the opportunity to scope and size things globally, recommend solutions that are scalable and balanced while considering future growth expectations for the company.
- Analytics experience in Tech or Financial Industries
- Proficient in SQL
- Experience developing Tableau dashboards with a deep understanding of associated data architecture trade-offs
- +5 years’ analytics/database experience
- +5 years Software development, software testing, or operational improvement experience preferred
- Experience working with groups remotely and multiple cultures
- Proficient in MS Office applications, Tableau, SQL, Teradata, and Unix commands
- Ability to think from the perspective multiple user and employee personas
- Familiarity with traditional collection metrics (roll rates, liquidation and charge off rates)
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Collections and Loss Financial Data Analysis Experience (preferred)
- Fluency in English is a requirement with excellent communication skills
- Excellent collaboration skills, team-work, and influencing business outcomes across a matrixed environment
- BA/BS degree required
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: