GCX Global Analytics Sr ManagerAustin, Texas
Draper, Utah Requisition Number R0040003
At eBay, we employ extraordinary people who do meaningful work that has a tangible impact on the lives of individuals all over the world. We aspire to make extraordinary things possible for each other, for our customers, and for you. We’ve been doing this for over 20 years. And we're just as passionate about it today as when we founded the company in 1995.
Primary Job Responsibilities
We are looking for a highly qualified, motivated and entrepreneurial leader to lead a global analytics team focused on Global Customer Experience department and our eBay to Member team. This individual will lead from the front and be adept at developing talent to progress the organization forward!
This individual will be responsible for the following:
- Lead, mentor and assist in the development of the analytics team, including business analysts and data scientists
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders and peers to thoroughly understand their needs and business goals, provide proactive insights, and position analytics appropriately to support program execution
- Develop and execute an analytics roadmap aligned to GCX strategy, including ongoing and new projects as requested and prioritized by leadership
- Lead engagement on global and strategic marketplace projects related to GCX activities to ensure proactive interlocks with relevant project teams
- Analyze and develop recommendations for critical metric and analytics governance
- Establish appropriate metrics to measure team performance and identify process improvement opportunities
- Frequently interact with executives and senior management to define goals, strategic plans, and communicate data and analytic insights
- Assist in development of career paths for all levels of GCX Analysts, from business analysis to advanced analytic methods to data science
Preferred Skills / Experience:
- 10+ years of data science or business analysis experience with focus on operational execution
- 5+ years of experience in managing and developing a business analytics team
- Experience with data and analytics methods utilizing a variety of BI tools such as Tableau, MicroStrategy, and Python
- Proficient in SQL, utilizing a variety of database platforms including Teradata and Hadoop
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrated experience in project management practices
- Communication skills, interpersonal skills, and presentation skills that allow effective interactions with business partners, stakeholders, and senior leadership
- Ability to interact with senior and executive leadership in both ad-hoc and formal settings
- Analytical skills with high attention to detail
- Ability to work with teams based in remote / off-site locations
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: