Incident Mgmt & Process Design ManagerAustin, Texas Requisition Number R0037203 Subsidiary eBay
At eBay, you will be part of a purpose-driven community dedicated to creating an ambitious and versatile work environment. In eBay Payments, you will be an integral member of a growing organization that inspires passion, courage, and inventiveness - building the future of global commerce and making an important, positive impact on millions of eBay sellers and shoppers around the world. If you are looking for a special place to take your Payments career to the next level, we want to talk with you.
Global Payment Operations organization is hiring an Incident Management & Process Design Manager. This position will be located in Austin, Texas and will work with eBay global business partners to design, facilitate and implement managed payment incidents and reconciliation operation processes and drive excellence to improve efficiency and key business metrics. Build alignment with partners on actions and activities to support evolution of business process as needed.
This position will have incident response, process design, improvement and project management skills. This role will work proactively and collaboratively with partners/vendors and core business teams, to ensure getting the best out of the people and projects assigned. Producing and maintaining a weekly status reports prepared for senior leadership and liaise with analytics, operations, finance, technology and internal audit teams.
- Coordinate, manage and keep chronology of events during incident management conference calls - Update the incident reporting systems with resolution information
- Use the incident reporting system to identify trends - Interact with Problem Management on detection of potential trends; driving down repeat service impacting failures
- Manage service, change and incident queues - Works independently, receives minimal supervision
- Figures out and guides the selection of possible business operating strategies for continuation of business during a disruption while maintaining critical functions.
- Provide direction to cross function teams in order to drive resolution and restore issue while ensuring long terms solutions are implemented
- Design incident management, payment and reconciliation operation process and drive operational improvement
- Write Standard Operation Procedures to ensure operational readiness for new payment operations and reconciliation integrations and initiatives
- Partner with internal teams to lead payment and reconciliation operation projects
- Develop project plans tracking technology, feature, functionality and process change implementations.
- Effectively align with partners across a global matrixed organization.
- Develop and maintain a weekly process & project dashboard and ongoing issues.
- Ensure that all process design tasks and projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Proactively Track and measure process & project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques.
- Assist with other departmental tasks, such as supporting the creation of metrics, reporting, and compliance.
- Support collection, monitoring and reporting activities to ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- 3 - 5 years of incident management or recovery experience a plus
- 5-7 years of process design and project management experience in e-commerce or payments industry a plus
- Demonstrated success as a process or project manager leading complex implementations in a matrixed organization
- Detail oriented, outstanding planning and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of the e-commerce landscape, understanding of Payment operation.
- Proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office, Visio and Project
- Strong communication skills, leading meetings and project discussions
- Collaborative teammate with strong influencing skills
- Organizational knowledge and confirmed ability to work effectively in a cross-functional environment is highly preferred
- Undergraduate Degree, required
- Master Degree, Business Administration preferred
- Lean Six Sigma Certification preferred
- PMP/PMI Certification preferred
- Finance/Accounting experience preferred
- Jira experience preferred
- Twiki experience preferred
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: