Manager, AccountingAustin, Texas Requisition Number R0037987
eBay is a global commerce leader that allows you to craft how the world buys, sells, and gives. You’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago. Here, you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact on people across the globe. We are looking for people with drive, ideas, and a passion for helping small businesses succeed to help shape the future of eBay—does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to talk to you!
eBay is seeking for a highly motivated individual with a combination of technical and operational accounting skills to join the North America Shared Service GL accounting team as an Accounting Manager.
The ideal candidate will use his/her accounting and process knowledge of US GAAP and strong operational accounting knowledge, have excellent communication skills, self-starter attitude and the ability to partner efficiently across business functions. The successful candidate will find him/herself surrounded by sharp professionals with diverse backgrounds, operating in a fast-paced, intellectual, and team-oriented environment.
- Provide leadership to a team of local accounting supervisors as well as offshore accountants in Hyderabad, India
- Coordinates and run selected North America and global closing activities within the parameters of eBay’s monthly close guidelines, including internal and external auditor dedication. Ensure performance of accurate reconciliation of all G/L accounts and integrity of financial statements.
- Partner with cross functional teams across different functional areas (such as Controlling, Finance, Accounting Policy, Tax, Stock Administration, Accounting Systems, Payroll, HR and others) and geographical locations to efficiently handle the close process and improve or establish new processes.
- Maintain an exceptionally strong internal control environment (SOX) to ensure compliance to standards and risk is mitigated. Confirm proper treatment and compliance of all accounting transactions and policies.
- Conduct ongoing reviews of accounting processes within areas of Shared Services with the eye to improve internal controls, and overall effectiveness with a vision for the future needs
- Drive process improvements through automation, use of existing systems streamlining and standard methodologies towards vision of best in class process.
- Act as an SME or run and execute on special projects with cross-functional business partners, peers and business controllers.
- Fulfill responsibilities in a manner that is consistent with the what we value and behaviors and maintain high ethical values
Experience & qualifications:
- 7+ years of related accounting experience in a multinational company
- Degree in Accounting or Finance, Certified Public Accountant
- People management experience
- Extensive experience with complex reconciliations
- Experience in working for large company & dealing with large volume of transactions
- Process oriented with an attitude on how to achieve efficiencies within a function
- Ability to prioritize, work with minimal supervision and perform well in a multi-task, changing environment
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and organization skills
- Be the subject matter authority for GL processes, for accounting projects and for integration of new entities into the North American Shared Services
- Significant experience and competence with Excel (advanced skills), Word and Outlook
- Ability to develop and analyze data spreadsheets a MUST
- Large data analytic skills a plus
- Candidate should have proven understanding of U.S. GAAP
- Large ERP system experience (SAP experience is a plus)
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: