Payment Ops Process Reengineering MgrAustin, Texas
Shanghai, China Requisition Number R0040333 Subsidiary eBay
The Payment Operations Process Reengineering Manager will oversee a new created team dedicated to Operational Excellence within Managed Payments at eBay. The leader is responsible for building and leading this new team and function; and is expected to be a seasoned people leader.
eBay’s Managed Payments initiative is transforming our back office operational requirements. We are building a new team dedicated to transforming / reengineering processes across domains such as Billing, Payment, Reconciliation, and Compliance.
This individual will partner closely with our various operation teams to implement quantifiable projects and ideas that drive operational excellence. The expected result of any given project is an increase in productivity, availability, automation or any other relevant KPIs. This person must have the curiosity and skill to ‘hunt’ for opportunities, quantify the impact and develop, track, and implement projects.
A successful candidate is expected to have eCommerce and/or Payment / Financial Service experience as well as strong process improvement and project management skills; as process mapping, process time studies, and other Lean or 4DX methods are required. Experience in operations, ideally payments, financial services, eCommerce or compliance, is essential for hitting the ground running. It is also expected that this person will be proactive, collaborative with partners, poses strong communication skills and have a tenacious curiosity for improving the way things are done. In short: understand processes as they are today, deconstruct and redesign so it can be optimized, make the complex simple, use numbers and facts, and lead and develop a team.
· Oversee, lead and develop a team dedicated to process optimization.
· Partner closely with all operation teams to identify, scope, prioritize and deliver Operational Excellence projects.
· Achieve quantifiable outcomes, resulting in improved productivity, availability, or automation.
· Data and hypothesis driven analysis to identify incremental process improvements to existing workflows.
· Infuse lean six sigma, and other best practices and methodologies, into team development and project execution.
· Develop and maintain a project dashboard, capturing RAG status, issues, milestones, etc. as well as proactively track and measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques.
· Ensure that all optimization projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
· Process mapping and process flow time studies.
· Effectively align with, and collaborate with, partners across a global matrixed organization.
· Be curious. Be inquisitive. Be ready to unlock hidden value.
· Experience in Payments, Financial Services, or eCommerce required.
· Seasoned people leader, with a track record of building and developing a team. Global management preferred.
· ~10 years of process design, process reengineering and project management experience with trackable success records.
· Lean Six Sigma Certification; black preferred; green considered.
· PMP/PMI Certification.
· Demonstrated success as manager leading complex implementations; with outstanding planning and organizational skills.
· Strong communication skills.
· Strong analytical skills.
· Detail oriented.
· Organizational knowledge and proven ability to work effectively in a cross-functional environment is highly preferred.
· Strong interpersonal skills and superior judgment.
· Consulting experience preferred.
· Industrial Engineer preferred.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: