Product Manager - TechnicalAustin, Texas Requisition Number R0037276 Subsidiary eBay
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and creativity, where you can be part of the team crafting the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re passionate about joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of. eBay is one of the top global marketplaces with the mission to connect millions of buyers and sellers around the world, empowering people and creating economic opportunity for all.
At eBay, you will be part of a purpose-driven community dedicated to creating an ambitious and versatile work environment. In eBay Payments, you will be an integral member of a growing organization that encourages passion, courage, and inventiveness - building the future of global commerce and making an important, positive impact on millions of eBay sellers and shoppers around the world. If you are looking for a special place to take your Payments career to the next level, we want to talk with you.
As a Product Manager in eBay’s Trust team you will work with a dedicated scrum team to create highly scalable solutions and to build products that will shape the next generation of convenient post order processes like order cancellations, returns and issue resolution, to ensure customer satisfaction and trust.
The product manager will:
- Define and lead the end to end user experience, including our end-user-facing mobile and web apps, middleware, back-end, partner integrations, reporting, accounting, and other systems
- Be part of a cross-functional team. You will be get the opportunity to truly bridge the gap between business, operations and technology.
- Lead the day-to-day activities of our exceptional product development team in terms of prioritizing work, building new features, and addressing operational issues
- Provide regular updates to our leadership on progress made and future plans
- Ensure the world class speed, reliability, scalability, and security of our products
- Work with our customers and partners to understand their needs and current capabilities to improve their experience on eBay
We are looking for someone with:
- Outstanding product and design sense; ability to conceptualize and communicate product experiences including UX designs that are simple and effective, including the ability to create rough wireframes
- Interest in e-commerce and passion for customer experience
- Analytical mindset and eagerness to build a new products. Someone who takes a hands-on, methodological approach to product discovery, user research, storytelling and backlog prioritization in order to get to the right user stories that really give our customers what they need.
- High aptitude for learning new systems quickly and managing products across the full technology stack
- Deep technical knowledge of software design and development; CS degree preferred
- A demonstrated track record of shipping products that are highly usable and reliable at scale: 2+ years as product manager and/or equivalent experience on multiple reference-able products required
- Good written and verbal communication skills to ensure that all relevant business partners have the information that they need
- Ability to clearly articulate ideas and complex problems.
- The ability to translate product strategy into epics or stories and understand business and operational processes as well as financial and operational critical metrics.
- Ability to manage and prioritize development tasks to maximize the effectiveness of the team and maintain engineers’ energy and enthusiasm over time
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline or equivalent industry experience. MBA Preferred.
- 2+ years experience as a product manager or 5+ years experience in a product team in another role.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: