Reconciliation Data Operations Analyst
Global Payment Operations organization is hiring a Recon Ops Data Analyst in Austin TX, who will be responsible for day-to-day reconciliation, data analysis and reporting of payment transactions processed through our system and the related general ledger accounts. You will partner closely with our Controlling, Accounting, Payments product and Payments operations Team etc. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, process-oriented, works effectively with cross functional teams, in addition to strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Reconciles variances by identifying patterns in complex data sets
- Works with accounting and product on key performance metrics, reports and analytics related to reconciliation
- Manages daily, weekly and monthly reporting for review with Accounting team
- Develops standardized reporting packages, and delivers ad-hoc reporting/analysis required to support reconciliation procedures
- Works with large volumes of data for extraction and transformation leveraging eBay’s massive and rich databases
- Analyze current manual process surrounding Operations for optimization opportunities.
- Designs optimal data architecture for data management and high performance.
- Designs and execute reports to measure success and performance of business initiatives.
- Automates data driven system controls for Operational procedures
- Performs data modeling, documents and presents analysis
- Advanced SQL knowledge
- General Ledger and Payments Industry Experience
- Experienced in data mining and analysis
- Expertise in deriving and building Metrics to help quantify Business Processes.
- Ability to work with various stakeholders to understand and build project requirements.
- Understands SOX compliant processes and builds accordingly.
- Experienced in Agile environment.
- Problem solving approach with great verbal and presentation skills
- SAS, Python, Hadoop experience is a plus
- Master+ 3 Years or Bachelors+ 5 Years
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
At eBay Buyer Experience team, the drive for a faster and sleeker pages constantly inspires me. The fact that my work touches millions of users everyday in one way or the other and to learn what affects a person’s decision to make that purchase brings a sense of fulfillment.–Dileep, Staff Software Engineer
Everyday, I get a chance to work with smart and dedicated people to build the best shopping experience for our customers. Because so many people use eBay, I am proud that my work is impacting people in a positive way.–Steve, Full Stack Software Engineer
Everyday I work with people passionate to deliver great experiences for millions of buyers and sellers. It brings me great joy knowing that the features I work on greatly impact the lives of people from around the world, from all walks of life.–Andrew, Software Engineer
We do things different, the hack way, the happy way. And we celebrate the best way. We are the pirates of eBay!–Shakul, Software Development Manager
eBay gives me the freedom to challenge the status quo. This creates a unique adrenaline rush that pushes all boundaries and paradigms and helps bring out new ideas that ultimately redefine e-commerce shopping experience. If you love such challenges, you'll love work at eBay.–Sriharsha, Software Engineer
What makes a successful Software Developer at eBay? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Medical, Dental,Vision, Healthcare FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Health and Wellness Programs
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, Employee Stock Purchase Program
Tuition Reimbursement, Professional Development
Paid Time Off
16+ Days of Paid Time Off, Paid Maternity leave, Paid Paternity Leave, 11 Paid Holidays
Onsite Gym/Fitness Center
Sabbatical, 4 paid weeks every 5 years