Risk and Insurance Finance AnalystAustin, Texas Requisition Number R0037572 Subsidiary eBay
We are looking for an ambitious, Risk and Insurance Finance Analyst to join eBay’s Global Risk and Insurance team. Are you interested in developing, implementing, analyzing, planning, coordinating and monitoring eBay's insurance activities? This position reports to our Insurance Director and interacts with various departments throughout the global organization. The job supports not just the placement of commercial insurance policies, including property, casualty, professional liability and management liability lines, it also has administration responsibilities for the corporation's captive and agency. There will be opportunities to work on the Treasury Department’s Business Continuity Program and governance processes.
This team continuously strives to innovate on risk management practices. Uniquely positioned to see all areas of the business, this role offers invaluable insight into company operations, the chance to evaluate and manage company risk globally, and to identify and provide innovative business solutions wherever possible. We are here not only to oversee risk, but to actively engage with eBay and its subsidiaries to provide outstanding service to our internal stakeholders.
- Assists Risk with the placement of the company’s worldwide property and casualty insurance policies. Collaborates with internal departments in all countries where eBay operates, including Finance, IT, HR, Legal, Safety & Security and others.
- Works with brokers and internal teams to identify, evaluate and appropriately insure eBay's risks
- Performs risk assessments by analyzing current risks and identifying potential risks that affect the organization.
- Assists with review of actuarial loss projections and modeling to interpret data for use with eBay’s captive insurance entity.
- Participate in analyzing and developing operational improvements along with building process documents for insurance and other functions.
- Manages function vendors and payments
- Assist in oversight of claims processes, reporting and tracking, and communicating claims information to insurance carriers.
- Provides Risk & Insurance team or others, with ad hoc analyses of eBay exposure data and insurance loss reports.
- Assists with corporate insurance and captive budget and forecasting, being responsible for the budget process over time
- Responding to and manages certificate of insurance requests.
- Assist with Business Continuity Planning activities for the Treasury Department, which includes Cash Management, Finance/FX, Investments, Collections, and Risk & Insurance.
- Stay up to date on industry or market factors that may affect eBay’s risk and insurance programs
- Ability to learn and assist in other Treasury-related functions as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Risk Management, Business, Finance, Accounting, Statistics, or Engineering, or in another quantitative field
- 1-5 years of risk management, insurance brokerage, underwriting, financial analysis experience desirable
- Strong financial and analytical background; able to analyze data, recognize patterns & trends from discrete data points, and articulate results
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to understand a variety of business processes and operations
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office programs and experience building financial models essential
- Inquisitive attitude and passionate about developing new, more efficient solutions to existing processes
- Ability to work with others in a closely collaborative team environment and evolve with organizational changes
- Insurance professional designation such as ARM, CPCU, Actuarial (ASA or CERA)
- Database experience or other software-specific experience with SQL, Tableau, etc…
- Previous work experience in a technology-centric company preferred
- Experience or knowledge of captive insurance companies
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: