Senior Manager, AML Investigations, FIUAustin, Texas Requisition Number R0040979 Subsidiary eBay
eBay is a global commerce leader that allows you to shape how the world buys, sells, and gives. You’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago. Here, you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact on people across the globe. We are looking for people with drive, ideas, and a passion for helping small businesses succeed to help shape the future of eBay—does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to talk to you!
Come Join the eBay Team
Do you want to be a foundational member of the elite class compliance team operationalizing eBay's Anti Money Laundering / Counter Terrorist Financing (AML/CTF) program? Do you want to join an innovative investigative team passionate about money laundering (ML) and terrorism finance (TF) and related financial crimes while building a culture of compliance as well as tools on the
Financial Intelligence Unit
eBay’s nascent Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU) performs a meaningful role in the execution and management of eBay’s Bank Secrecy Act/anti-money laundering (AML) compliance program: adhering to a set of required standards and processes regarding AML investigations; ensuring eBay’s compliance with applicable laws and regulations, including the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), the USA PATRIOT Act, as it builds capacity to provide regulators, law enforcement with key lead information regarding the investigation and prosecution of money laundering and terrorist financing, and other closely related criminal activity; and building a "culture of compliance" to ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices.
eBay Commerce Inc. (eCI), eBay's regulated subsidiary, along its other regulated affiliates, provides payment services to eBay and its users globally. Consistent with those services, eCI seeks a highly motivated and experienced leader to serve as a senior manager, AML investigations, for its FIU, a key component of its AML compliance program. In addition to assisting in the establishment and growth of the organization, the senior manager is responsible for assisting in the end-to-end management of the FIU, including the identification of potentially suspicious activity, oversight of proactive and reactive investigations across a number of jurisdictions, and, as appropriate, the reporting of suspicious financial and/or fraudulent activity, to include money laundering, terrorist financing, fraud and/or any other financial risk or crime.
The senior manager, working closely with FIU Director and the AML Officer, and other FIU partners, is also responsible for ensuring the FIU has the appropriate policies and procedures, sufficient staffing, experience, expertise, and tools to build the FIU’s capacity to proactively conduct timely, special and sophisticated investigations related to suspected money laundering, terrorism finance or other related financial crimes, and provide feedback to key partners based on risks identified investigations conducted, while cultivating analytic trends and typologies unique to payments services and associated with online marketplaces.
Qualified candidates will possess the following skills and qualities:
- Ability to apply developing AML typologies, analytics, investigative techniques quickly and apply them to FIU AML-focused investigations which may lead to filing suspicious activity reports as required by law.
- Ability to be responsible for AML investigators within the FIU issue and workflow, ensure case determinations are well documented, and provide ongoing quality and performance feedback.
- Team player with strong collaborative qualities and a positive demeanor.
- Proven understanding and experience with BSA laws, regulations and related compliance requirements (including reporting and record retention requirements), international AML/CFT standards such as those promulgated by the Financial Action Task Force, OFAC compliance, and understanding of how changes in those regulations or compliance requirements affect FIU management and eBay.
- Federal Law Enforcement, regulator, FIU, or similar experience in the investigation, research, and documentation of money laundering or terrorist financing or 5-10 years of BSA/AML experience.
- Ability to assist in the prioritization and building of tools needs to conduct analysis, investigations, and crafted related analytics.
- Ability to build and manage relationships with C-suite executives, senior law enforcement officials, and FIU counterparts at eBay and in similar regulated entities.
- Detailed understanding of the risk indicator trends in money laundering, terrorist financing or other related financial crime and the ability to position our processes to ensure we are able to mitigate those risks at eBay.
- Strong writing and oral communication skills.
- Analytical, investigative research and documentation skills.
- Ability to draft policies, procedures, and management reports.
- Ability to work with agility in a fast paced, and constantly evolving environment, within time-critical situations.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Access) including the use of pivot tables.
- Ability to work on confidential and critical matters with a high degree of integrity and discretion.
- Master's degree in business or related field, law degree, or other widely-recognized banking school.
- A minimum of two years of project management and problem management processes is preferred.
- Experience with BSA transaction monitoring or case management applications and related analytics.
- Anti-Money Laundering Specialist, Financial Crimes Specialist, Certified Fraud Examiner, or related professional certification preferred.
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: