Sourcing Manager, Professional ServicesAustin, Texas
San Jose, California Requisition Number R0036115 Subsidiary eBay
eBay is a global commerce leader that allows you to shape how the world buys, sells, and gives. Here, you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact on people across the world. We are looking for people with drive, ideas, and a passion for helping small businesses succeed to help shape the future of eBay—does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to talk to you.
About the team:
Our Global Procurement reports to the Finance Organization. The eBay Finance team oversees analytics, information technology, controllership, procurement, financial planning and analysis, tax, treasury, audit, mergers and acquisitions, and investor relations. At eBay, Finance plays a meaningful role in establishing strategic focus, enabling growth, ensuring execution and driving efficiencies across the organization.
The Global Procurement Organization is looking for a Manager, Strategic Sourcing to be responsible for the development and execution of high value procurement related activities and projects for the North America region. In this role you will focus on the Professional Services category with flexibility to support IT and Marketing. You will use sourcing tools and processes to facilitate market research, identify optimal procurement scenarios, and lead supplier negotiations, while ultimately driving annual savings targets, improved efficiency and optimization of Total Cost of Ownership (TCO). You will be encouraged to build strong partnerships with internal and external stakeholders while driving optimal value for eBay.
- Direct purchases for high value Professional Services related spend along with ad hoc requests as required by business divisions. Partner with internal and external stakeholders to collect and develop key requirements and work to direct into appropriate buying channels in order to extract maximum value.
- Lead cross functional teams through an end to end sourcing project plan for high risk large spend products and services inclusive of financial viability analyses, supplier risk, negotiation plans, and supplier selection. Involved in budgeting process with BU clients. Leads team in understanding how projects fall within eBay strategy.
- Lead sourcing need identification, market research, competitive bid review, and direct negotiations while demonstrating best in class procurement methodologies to ensure efficient TCO.
- Decision point relative to execution of sourcing strategies including RFx, multi-bid, market test, direct negotiations, and catalog negotiations.
- Analyze procurement spend to provide visibility on key savings opportunities and assist in developing a roadmap for achieving savings targets.
- Operate as the Subject Matter Expert on assigned category. Provide category and industry knowledge to key partners including market drivers and suppliers, cost structures and technical improvements.
- 5-7+ years relevant experience across supply chain, with particular focus in strategic sourcing, contract negotiation, competitive price analysis, supplier relationship management and performance management.
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA desirable, including additional applicable work experience.
- Strong track record delivering Professional Services procurement results in a highly dynamic environment.
- Relevant experience leading end to end sourcing projects including need identification, market research, competitive bid reviews, direct negotiation activities, supplier selection, and on-boarding.
- In-depth knowledge of industry and market trends including analysis of market drivers, cost structures and technical improvements.
- Strong executive presence with ability to step in and lead major initiatives while driving outcomes across all levels of the organizational hierarchy.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills including ability to communicate effectively, form relationships, anticipate needs, and negotiate successful outcomes.
- Must be a self-starter, imaginative innovator, ambitious, driven, internally motivated, and result-oriented.
- Able to demonstrate critical thinking and ability to execute on strategies while demonstrating outstanding planning, problem solving and decision making skills.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: