Sr. Analyst, ControllershipAustin, Texas Requisition Number R0041150 Subsidiary eBay
eBay Inc. is a global commerce leader that connects millions of buyers and sellers around the world. We exist to enable economic opportunity for individuals, entrepreneurs, businesses and organizations of all sizes. eBay Marketplaces operates in 190 markets around the world.
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you're interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay a company you can be proud to be a part of.
The Global revenue controlling organization is looking for a highly motivated individual with a combination of accounting, process and project skills. This is an opportunity to join a dynamic organization supporting eBay’s largest business unit, helping to drive new initiatives and partner with the business. Your main focus will be on Pan European organization. This role is a Sr. Analyst position reporting within the Payments Controlling team.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Partner with cross functional teams such as Finance, Accounting Policy, Finance, Tax, Shared Services, Systems and Corporate function teams to establish new and improved processes, formalize and implement consistent policies and standards across the Company.
- Support the Payments build through identification of global and local accounting requirements and ensure implementation of relevant financial controls, processes and automated solutions. This includes concept development, requirements identification, user testing and production implementation.
- Build and continually refine Payments journaling, money movement and reconciliation requirements to ensure global consistency while adhering to local requirements.
- Drive the month-end close for the Payments business by validating system entries, preparing key reserve analysis, journal entries, account reconciliations, fluctuation analysis, performing key metrics evaluation and reporting to Senior Management for the local region.
- Determine SOX implications, modify/implement controls as appropriate, and conduct accounting process reviews with internal and external auditors and local regulators.
- Support external audit and quarterly/annual SEC filing by timely submission of PBC schedules and reporting packages and pro-active partnership with the audit team
- Conduct and support ongoing reviews of accounting processes within areas the Controlling team supports, internal controls, and overall efficiency to drive process improvements through automation, streamlining and best practices towards vision of World Class Controlling and collaboration across the CAO organization.
The success of this role will largely be dependent on the ability to manage and collaborate with various partners and ensure month-end processes and accounting systems are crafted and implemented in accordance with the accounting and reporting requirements of the Controllership team. The model candidate will demonstrate a sense of problem awareness, an aptitude for critical thinking, an ability to break down and improve accounting processes and systems, and a vision for future needs.
- Candidates must be self-starters with a solid work ethic and also possess the following:
- 3-5 years’ experience in public accounting, preferably Big Four. Experience at a large growth company and a CPA is a plus.
- University degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Solid understanding of US GAAP, SOX, and standard accounting processes and controls.
- Polished communication skills - including the ability to listen to others, articulate issues in a clear and concise manner, and present findings as well as recommendations in both oral and written presentations to all levels of the organization
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills, and experience applying these skills to resolve operational accounting process and system issues.
- Customer focus and the ability to effectively collaborate and influence in a cross-functional and/or matrix environment; including working with all levels and in multiple locations.
- Comfort with initiating and responding to change; proven ability to identify, develop and implement process/systems improvements.
- Ability to set priorities, handle multiple tasks, and deliver results in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Strong background in accounting or finance, business processes and internal control evaluation. Ability to design and implement processes in support of new business or governance initiatives and experience leading operational and process change with a drive towards world class controlling processes and controls.
- Solid experience with ERP systems
- Focus on eBay’s cultural values
- Education: Bachelors Degree, or equivalent
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: