Systems Engineer, eBay OperationsAustin, Texas Requisition Number R0042056 Subsidiary eBay
eBay is a global commerce leader that allows you to shape how the world buys, sells, and gives. You’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago. Here, you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact on people across the globe. We are looking for people with drive, ideas, and a passion for helping small businesses succeed to help shape the future of eBay—does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to talk to you!
About the team:
Core Technology (CT) is a global team responsible for the end-to-end eBay technology platform. This platform runs our entire infrastructure and all the services that come together to form ebay.com.
eBay is seeking an expert, proactive systems administrator to join our critical operations center as a member of the Systems Operations team. As a member of the Systems Operations team, you will directly respond to alarms and crisis events for eBay’s production systems and services, and will also work with our partner teams to tackle the underlying causes of these alerts and issues. A successful member of the System Operations team will have:
- Experience with large and distributed systems, including knowledge of technologies such as cloud computing, web services, and multi-tier serving architectures.
- Knowledge of system administration tools common to UNIX, Linux, load balancing, networking, DNS, TCP/IP, Database and storage technologies.
- Experience in troubleshooting systems resource issues like IO, memory, disk space, and CPU in a variety of operating environments.
- The experience and zeal to create software solutions to automate repetitive tasks employing a variety of technologies such as GO, Python, Docker, Github, Kubernetes, Ansible, Bash and et cetera.
- Proven technical triage and troubleshooting skills, especially in the context of crisis level incident management.
- Passion about Tech Operations - you like to make things run reliably and well.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in the English language.
- Experience with documenting procedures and knowledge management.
- 5+ years of experience in UNIX/LINUX server administration preferred.
- Understanding of IT Service Management frameworks such as ITIL and project methodologies such as Agile are a plus.
NOTE: This position is for an overnight shift (8:30 PM- 8:30 AM) in our Austin, TX location. Team members will work between four and five consecutive days in a row, and then have a similar number of days off in a rotating pattern. Additionally, this position offers a pay differential for working the night shift and does not have on-call responsibilities.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.