Treasury AnalystAustin, Texas Requisition Number R0038262
eBay is a global commerce leader that allows you to shape how the world buys, sells, and gives. You’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago. Here, you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have an important impact on people across the globe. We are looking for people with drive and ideas, to help shape the future of eBay—does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to talk to you.
eBay Inc. has an exciting position in Treasury to help the Company manage its foreign exchange risk and assist with Corporate Finance analytics. The position will report to the Director of FX and Capital Markets and is located in Austin, TX. In this role you will help identify, measure, and hedge Balance Sheet foreign exchange risk, analyze FX P&L through extensive analysis of the Company’s General Ledger (SAP), and ensure compliance with SOX and Accounting guidelines. This role will also assist with eBay’s capital allocation analysis and related financing strategies.
- Identify and evaluate FX exposures at a consolidated and individual business unit level.
- Analyze SAP accounting postings to build attribution analysis of the Company’s FX related OI&E
- Monitor FX positions and adjust as appropriate;
- Work with accounting and other departments to recommend appropriate FX accounting processes to be applied company-wide;
- Ensure the FX programs comply with all current corporate and accounting guidelines;
- Ensure hedge documentation is in compliance with ASC815 requirements.
- Ensure SOX compliance and proactively identify areas of improvement.
- Forecast FX results and in-depth analytics of Other Income and Expense section of Income Statement.
- Support monthly and quarterly/yearly financial reporting (10Q/K).
- Develop and/or review complex financial models in support of potential capital markets transactions or other corporate investments.
- Assist with capital markets transactions, including investments, financings, and hedging/derivatives strategies.
- Assist with analysis of optimal capital structure and capital allocation strategies.
- Assist with management of interest rate and other financial risks on the balance sheet.
3+ years of treasury experience with increased responsibility in a multinational or banking organization. Familiar with SAP and other Business Intelligence applications. Financial modeling skills and proficiency in MS Excel and PowerPoint. Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills. Proactive individual with ability to multitask in a fast paced environment and proven abilities in prioritizing and managing multiple projects with minimal direction.
The candidate should also demonstrate the ability to develop strong working relationships and trust with a broad range of individuals, communicate complex information clearly and concisely and to influence and negotiate in challenging situations.
The preferred candidate will have a BA/BS degree in Finance, Economics and/or Accounting, a passion for capital markets, positive attitude and proven ability to collaborate.
Prior experience in capital market trading, operations and/or accounting a plus.
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: