Data Scientist/Statistician - GrowthBellevue, Washington
San Jose, California Requisition Number R0035769 Subsidiary eBay
Grade 24: Sr Growth Analyst for eBay Paid Internet Marketing
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
We look for inquisitive, life long learner with a keen interest on data driven decision making, e-commerce business and understanding customer behaviour. If this is you, read on!
This position joins a team of data scientists / analysts working in a fast-faced, multidisciplinary, international environment focused on growing our business of Affiliate Marketing & Strategic Partnerships. You will collaborate with marketers and engineers to shape the eBay customer experience. Flexibility and ability to learn quickly is vital as team members work on a wide variety of projects and rotate domains/roles/responsibilities regularly. Candidates must be highly self-motivated and work well with project deadlines.
- Work with stakeholders to find workable solutions to our business problems on data. This will require ability to translate problems stated in business terms into quantitative approaches leading to projects starting small and aspiring to grow big if preliminary results are promising.
- Understand and develop measurement frameworks to track business performance
- Support Product and Engineering teams on assessing initiatives and guide via data insight next steps and priorities.
- Self-starter. Keep balance between starting as many promising workstreams as we can possibly afford while leading a short selection of projects to full completion and final application.
- 3 years of experience, preferably in Marketing Analytics, preferably on B2C industry leader on positions with high visibility, responsibility and showing ability to transform and disrupt.
- Degree in a STEM discipline, Master degree or postgraduate education a big plus.
- Adept at problem solving using both textbook methods and novel viewpoints. Conscious risk taker, opportunity driven, motivated by innovative approaches out of our comfort zone.
- Able to spot and pursue opportunities as well as to translate high-level directions into practical projects and lead/drive their completion with minimal supervision.
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms
- Experience with common data science and statistical toolkits / software environments: Hadoop, R, Python, others.
- Excellent scripting and programming skills: SQL is a must have.
- Experience on experimentation and qualification on statistical testing.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, seasoned influencing skills.
Location: Bellevue / Seattle
If you are interested in this role, then we look forward to your application!
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: