Data ScientistBellevue, Washington Requisition Number R0037119 Subsidiary eBay
Here are some of the problems we are working on:
- Using machine learning to determine item delivery dates
- Improving how fast delivery impacts product search and seller conversions
- Applying machine learning globally to improve shipping speed and quality of service.
We are passionate about building amazing platforms that support the growth of eBay's market share, and we are looking for top-notch data scientists who want to build scalable, business critical systems.
- You will be directly responsible for improving eBay's shipping science.
- Design and implement end to end solutions using machine learning and AI, improving efficiency and user experience for buyers and sellers.
- Conduct experiments and evaluate the performance of the models, investigate false positive/false negatives and implement continuous improvements to retail standards.
- Collaborate with other researchers, engineers, and product teams to develop strategic and tactical enhancements to our shipping and trust platforms.
- Communicate your methodology and results to a community of researchers, developers, analysts, and product managers working on a number of related technologies.
- Work with data scientists, engineers, and cross functional teams to produce end-to-end production-ready solutions.
- Maintain responsibility for quality, performance, scalability, and reliability.
- Estimate effort, build research and development plans, and prioritize work according to the needs of the business.
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to other team members.
- Strong mathematical, statistical, and scientific modeling skills.
- Experience in predictive analytics, statistical modeling and coding.
- Proficiency in SQL and handling large datasets.
- Proficiency in Python or R.
- Familiarity with Hadoop, Spark, and related technologies is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an appreciation of diversity in teamwork
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: