Data ScientistBellevue, Washington Requisition Number R0037150 Subsidiary eBay
Looking to help shape the future of global commerce? Grow as a data scientist? Work on interesting projects with business impact? Join the eBay Shipping Science team.
Here are some of the problems we are working on:
- Using machine learning to determine item delivery dates for buyers and sellers around the world
- Understanding how fast, accurate shipping impacts conversions and lifetime value
- Leveraging machine learning and AI to identify new opportunity areas across our global marketplace
- You will be directly responsible for conceiving of and building machine learning solutions for the shipping domain.
- Design and implement end to end solutions using machine learning, and own live deployments to improve both efficiency and user experience for buyers and sellers.
- Collaborate with other researchers, engineers, and product teams to develop strategic and tactical enhancements to our shipping platforms.
- Conduct experiments and evaluate the performance of the models, investigate false positive/false negatives and implement continuous improvements to the shipping ecosystem.
- Communicate your methodology and results to a community of researchers, developers, analysts, and product managers working on a number of related technologies.
- Work with engineers as well as other cross functional teams to produce end-to-end production-ready solutions
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to other team members.
- Strong mathematical, statistical, and scientific modeling skills
- Experience in predictive analytics, statistical modeling and coding.
- Proficiency in SQL and handling large datasets.
- Proficiency in Python orR.
- Familiarity with Hadoop, Spark, and related technologies is a plus.
- Able to work in tandem with business partners to formulate and solve tractable projects.
- Pro-active. Organized. Practical. Solution oriented.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an appreciation of diversity in teamwork
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: