Software Development Engineer 3
Ebay, a pioneer in eCommerce, prides itself for being where the world goes to shop, sell and give. We connect 25 million sellers to 180 million active buyers across 190 markets to participate in global commerce of 1.2 billion listings - one of the largest product catalog in the world.
What sets us apart?
Our vision for commerce is one that is enabled by people, powered by technology, and open to everyone. We work hard to create a level playing field where all players, big or small, have the same economic opportunity.
Shipping connects the online marketplace to physical logistics. We simplify options for thousands of sellers, partner with carriers across the globe, and provide cheap, fast and reliable options for millions of buyers. Shipping is a core eBay initiative responsible for delivering the world’s greatest selection cheaply, conveniently and dependably. The shipping team at eBay powers:
- Convenient shipping options to pick up from lockers or stores
- Manage international shipping challenges (Customs, Import Requirements etc.) on behalf of sellers
- Integrated Tracking and Label Printing Platform
- Predictive models for Delivery Estimates, Shipping Recommendations, Item Weight/Dimensions
- Innovative solutions for Transport Intermediation
- Fast and Free shipping loyalty programs
We care about your career growth and we believe our team will provide long-term sustained development opportunities. We work to pursue highly technical and practical problems with cutting edge technologies. Our massively distributed environments make a real and immediate impact on one of the planet's biggest marketplace communities.
Shipping's charter begins when sellers list their items by providing the tools that recommend shipping options. We offer programs which generate mutual benefit for sellers and buyers. We help buyers choose the shipping option best fitting their needs, promoting trust with the seller and platform at the time of purchase. Sellers use our global label platform to ship their items and our convenient pickup options and tracking assures the buyer that her item will arrive safely and on-time.
We are looking for self-motivated and hardworking individuals to join us. Work on new products that will evolve and grow the eBay Core Shipping Product and Technology team.
Are you passionate about being a customer advocate and delivering high-quality designs and components that can scale vertically and horizontally? Are you a creative thinker, not afraid to find outside-the-box solutions for difficult challenges with high scale systems? Then this is the job for you.
You will have opportunities to:
- To learn the domain that is integral to rapidly growing and innovating eCommerce marketplace.
- Work on projects throughout all phases of the software development process.
- Work with engineers and other multi-functional teams including Research, Product Management, Quality Assurance, and Operations etc.
- Develop outstanding software that meets market needs with respect to functionality, reliability, performance, and scalability.
- Track business impact of features on a regular basis
- Rely on data to make informed decisions about future directions
- Scope, prioritize, plan, bug fix, deploy, document and most importantly, have fun.
- And just when you think that the fun is beginning to subside, the eCommerce space evolves and the fun begins again.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field like Mathematics
- Excellent coding skills in Java, Python or C# (will be primarily coding in Java) and proven use of test automation to certify your code
- Outstanding problem solving skills, passion for quality and engineering excellence at scale. Experience in distributed systems, database technologies, and online services is a strong plus
- Strong written and verbal social skills
- Passion for learning and implementing creative large-scale architectural patterns to turn business requirements into simple solutions
- Have a genuine love for technology, a curiosity for playing with the latest tools and open source frameworks, and the ability to work in a fast paced, iterative development environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Know who we are @ https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/who-we-are/
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
At eBay Buyer Experience team, the drive for a faster and sleeker pages constantly inspires me. The fact that my work touches millions of users everyday in one way or the other and to learn what affects a person’s decision to make that purchase brings a sense of fulfillment.–Dileep, Staff Software Engineer
Everyday, I get a chance to work with smart and dedicated people to build the best shopping experience for our customers. Because so many people use eBay, I am proud that my work is impacting people in a positive way.–Steve, Full Stack Software Engineer
Everyday I work with people passionate to deliver great experiences for millions of buyers and sellers. It brings me great joy knowing that the features I work on greatly impact the lives of people from around the world, from all walks of life.–Andrew, Software Engineer
We do things different, the hack way, the happy way. And we celebrate the best way. We are the pirates of eBay!–Shakul, Software Development Manager
eBay gives me the freedom to challenge the status quo. This creates a unique adrenaline rush that pushes all boundaries and paradigms and helps bring out new ideas that ultimately redefine e-commerce shopping experience. If you love such challenges, you'll love work at eBay.–Sriharsha, Software Engineer
What makes a successful Software Developer at eBay? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Medical, Dental,Vision, Healthcare FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Health and Wellness Programs
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, Employee Stock Purchase Program
Tuition Reimbursement, Professional Development
Paid Time Off
16+ Days of Paid Time Off, Paid Maternity leave, Paid Paternity Leave, 11 Paid Holidays
Onsite Gym/Fitness Center
Sabbatical, 4 paid weeks every 5 years