Software Engineer MTS 2
Do you crave technical challenges at scale and love working on a fast-paced team? Do you like working on high profile projects seen and used by millions of people daily? Do you want to build the next generation of Delivery Experience for one of the largest eCommerce platform in the world? EBay, a pioneer in eCommerce, prides itself for being where the world goes to shop, sell and give. We connect 25 million sellers to 180 million active buyers across 190 markets to participate in global commerce of 1.2 billion listings - one of the largest product catalog in the world. The Shipping team at eBay is seeking an Senior Software Architect / Engineer to build a Managed Delivery Experience that is fast, consistent and inexpensive. This is your opportunity to join many strategic initiatives like Fulfillment and Transport Intermediation in the early stages and help build these systems from scratch.
What sets us apart?
Our vision for commerce is one that is enabled by people, powered by technology, and open to everyone. We work hard to create a level playing field where all players, big or small, have the same economic opportunity.
Shipping connects the online marketplace to physical logistics. We simplify options for thousands of sellers, partner with carriers across the globe, and provide cheap, fast and reliable options for millions of buyers. Shipping is a core eBay initiative responsible for delivering the world’s greatest selection cheaply, conveniently and dependably. The shipping team at eBay powers:
- Convenient shipping options to pick up from lockers or stores
- Manage international shipping challenges (Customs, Import Requirements etc.) on behalf of sellers
- Integrated Tracking and Label Printing Platform
- Predictive models for Delivery Estimates, Shipping Recommendations, Item Weight/Dimensions
- Innovative solutions for Transport Intermediation
- Fast and Free shipping loyalty programs
- Design, Architect, and Develop elegant, scalable, large scale solutions to complex problems in 1P and 3P advertising at eBay using ML algorithms, Planet-scale infrastructure and tools
- Partner with product managers, strategists, analysts and other engineering teams across eBay
- Lead by example and coach/mentor team members
- Technical Innovation, product delivery, and a culture of engineering excellence
- Be a thought leader contributing to the strategic vision of the team and product
- Industry track record for Engineering and Technology excellence in an established AdTech enterprise
- Successfully worked with partner engineering, quality, design and product teams
- Strong expertise in Game Theory, Reinforcement Learning, ML Engineering, Large scale systems
- Strong experience with REST architecture/development and full stack Java development
- Experience with marketplace design and dynamics is a plus
- Experience leveraging and/or contributing to open source coding projects is a plus
- Publishing Technical articles and speaking in Engineering / ML conferences is a plus
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
At eBay Buyer Experience team, the drive for a faster and sleeker pages constantly inspires me. The fact that my work touches millions of users everyday in one way or the other and to learn what affects a person’s decision to make that purchase brings a sense of fulfillment.–Dileep, Staff Software Engineer
Everyday, I get a chance to work with smart and dedicated people to build the best shopping experience for our customers. Because so many people use eBay, I am proud that my work is impacting people in a positive way.–Steve, Full Stack Software Engineer
Everyday I work with people passionate to deliver great experiences for millions of buyers and sellers. It brings me great joy knowing that the features I work on greatly impact the lives of people from around the world, from all walks of life.–Andrew, Software Engineer
We do things different, the hack way, the happy way. And we celebrate the best way. We are the pirates of eBay!–Shakul, Software Development Manager
eBay gives me the freedom to challenge the status quo. This creates a unique adrenaline rush that pushes all boundaries and paradigms and helps bring out new ideas that ultimately redefine e-commerce shopping experience. If you love such challenges, you'll love work at eBay.–Sriharsha, Software Engineer
What makes a successful Software Developer at eBay? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Medical, Dental,Vision, Healthcare FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Health and Wellness Programs
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, Employee Stock Purchase Program
Tuition Reimbursement, Professional Development
Paid Time Off
16+ Days of Paid Time Off, Paid Maternity leave, Paid Paternity Leave, 11 Paid Holidays
Onsite Gym/Fitness Center
Sabbatical, 4 paid weeks every 5 years