Sr. DesignerBellevue, Washington Requisition Number R0037260
Looking for a company where you can shape how the world buys, sells, and gives? Where you’ll be supported in challenging convention, taking risks, and innovating? Where you’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago? Where you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact? If so, we’d love to talk to you.
As a Senior Designer in the eBay product design group, you will help to define and drive the future state of our product design language working across all domains experiences in collaboration with the leadership team, design leads and working closely with our product & brand partners. Your key responsibility will be in making compelling user experiences (user interface designs, interaction models, prototypes, etc.) that raise the bar. Your focus will be to craft the new core design primitives (typography, iconography, radius (shape), color, sound, depth, motion, layout, navigation) for eBay web, mobile, and tablet experiences. It will be the Senior Designer's responsibility to align very closely with brand to help shift the narrative and bring brand through the core product design. This will allow the product experience to inform the brand expression and create a holistic CX across everything eBay executes. Through this process the Senior Designer will have a design role in helping to define eBay’s data visualization style, illustration style for brand & marketing, and determine where sound design might fit inside the product. The Senior Designer will also need to work closely with engineering to ensure quality control as the core product experiences become reality. The Senior Designer will be responsible for building, scaling, maintaining & helping to drive the shared core component systems and for updating the product design playbook or style guide for companywide use. You will work closely with design leaders, product management, brand, marketing, and engineering to successfully go from early stage product concepts to launch. You are a very creative visionary that can translate business needs into a fantastic customer-focused solution. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open and collaborative peer environment. The ideal candidate for this position will be at ease visualizing an experience in the abstract and then being able to drive that vision into solid design deliverables.
You love a challenge and are hungry to help reinvigorate one of the internet’s pioneer brands. You care about making great products and are willing to design and test, to get to the best. You negotiate and evolve design with partners in the project team, and ensure the integrity of the design is upheld. You're knowledgeable about our competitors, understand established design patterns and best practices, but always feel the need to do better.
- Create the vision for crafting unique and compelling motion design for the eBay core product experiences.
- Create the vision for developing, communicating, and implementing the user experience and associated UI framework and assets on a range of products; follow through with the processes and tactics to implement the vision
- Produce experience architecture, user flows, wireframes, prototypes, user interface specifications, and final graphics
- Create extraordinary user-centered designs incorporating business requirements, product learning and customer feedback
- Drive the design and communication of design guidelines, patterns, and libraries
- Partner with others in the broader design community to develop and extend the experience across the array of offerings
- Communicate your design work and negotiate future direction with peers, researchers, design leaders, product partners and executives
- Inspire and mentor others on the User Experience team
- 5+ years professional experience as an UX design lead / user experience designer; expertise in both visual and motion design
- Strong understanding of the user-centered design process
- Bachelor's degree in UX Design or related design discipline
- Experience with design and prototyping tools such as Invision, Figma, Sketch, Adobe, & Keynote
- Experience in core design research, including competitive and landscape analysis, pattern research, qualitative interviews, and crafting insights from observation
- Experience designing mobile web, and/or on-device mobile applications
- Experience designing modular web-based e-commerce experiences
- Ability to cultivate an understanding of industry trends and communicate your ideas to the design org as a whole
- A portfolio that showcases relevant design projects and includes your process, design explorations and final work
- Able to understand detail and find radically simple solutions that delight users
- Experience partnering with product managers and developers to deliver great experiences
- Curious minds and an appetite for learning
- A strong point of view paired with a healthy dose of humility
- Fearless brainstorming
- Passion for the craft and the ability to showcase ideas with the latest design and prototyping tools
- A user-centric and strategic approach
- A point of view on the design and technology trends that will shape the future of our industry
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: